DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic home repairs

jackbrisbane

Reactions
After crashing my Mavic air 2 into a tree the right rear arm was snapped. I have repaired this with glue(areldite) and after a test flight everything seems to be working again. Has anyone else done this sort of repair successfully? And what was the long term results?

After crashing my magic air 2 into a tree the right rear arm was snapped. I have repaired this with glue(areldite) and after a test flight everything seems to be working again. Has anyone else done this sort of repair successfully? And what was the long term results?
I would only consider gluing an arm as a preliminary fix if flying is really, really necessary ... you don't want that repaired arm to fail airborne setting your MA2 in free fall.

Made a quick search on the Australian Ebay ... & it looks like you can source a new arm for around AU $30-50.

Reactions: jackbrisbane
I would be wary!
Although it is my 'go to' glue for most 'rigid' things, Araldite can struggle to get a grip of some plastics. Even if it does get a good grip on the plastic of the arm I would devise some form of permanent mechanical splint. e,g. to repair a broken fridge shell I used Araldite and a bamboo chopstick, the chopstick being glued and permanently lashed into a groove in the shelf, the groove (existed prior to the repair) runs across the outer end of the break.

The above said, for an arm and especially if you wish to keep the warranty valid ( I presume a DIY glue job on an arm endangers the warranty), I would consider replacing the arm which probably means a 'pro' repair.
If you have care fresh then consider using that but ask that the cost of a "you bear the repair cost " repair be assessed before it is agreed that care refresh be utilised.
I have read that some repairs cost less than the care refresh excess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Araldite is probably too hard.
My go to glue for some types of plastic is FloPlast plummers glue (from a hardware store) is best.
You can fix all sort of vinyl products with that from pipes; gutters; cat flaps; to plastic bags; car seats; etc.
I have not tried it on dji products because I have not broken anything yet.
Be careful with this glue because it melts the plastic thus forming a bond. Try a test drop somewhere out of sight if the plastic beneath the drop melts it will definitely work, if it does not melt the plastic, it will not work.
Ironically FloPlast comes in a plastic tub. Clearly you need the correct type of glue for any plastic.

I would replace the arm and use the tear down vids on YouTube.

I would be wary!
Although it is my 'go to' glue for most 'rigid' things, Araldite can struggle to get a grip of some plastics. Even if it does get a good grip on the plastic of the arm I would devise some form of permanent mechanical splint. e,g. to repair a broken fridge shell I used Araldite and a bamboo chopstick, the chopstick being glued and permanently lashed into a groove in the shelf, the groove (existed prior to the repair) runs across the outer end of the break.

The above said, for an arm and especially if you wish to keep the warranty valid ( I presume a DIY glue job on an arm endangers the warranty), I would consider replacing the arm which probably means a 'pro' repair.
If you have care fresh then consider using that but ask that the cost of a "you bear the repair cost " repair be assessed before it is agreed that care refresh be utilised.
I have read that some repairs cost less than the care refresh excess.
I believe DJI would invoice the lesser of the two. However if you're early in the refresh period, you might want to pay for the repair if it's not too much more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
christieng7