DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic keeps drifting off to the left? Also the tilt of the camera

Clare_G101

Reactions
When I take my hands off of the controller the mavic drifts to the left and down, is there a way to stop this? I tried calibrating it, calibrating the IMU, and restarting it, but that didn't work. Also, if I rotate the drone using the yaw, the camera doesn't stay level, and keeps tilting to the left or the right, not keeping the horizen line centered. Any ideas on how to fix these?

I see you recently got your Mavic repaired by @Thunderdrones. Did this problem start occurring after that point?

When you calibrated the IMU, did you place it on a completely level surface and do the calibration like this?

When I take my hands off of the controller the mavic drifts to the left and down, is there a way to stop this? I tried calibrating it, calibrating the IMU, and restarting it, but that didn't work. Also, if I rotate the drone using the yaw, the camera doesn't stay level, and keeps tilting to the left or the right, not keeping the horizen line centered. Any ideas on how to fix these?

Hello again! It sounds like you are flying in atti mode. Can you tell me how many satellites you are getting? Before I sent it back to you, I calibrated the controller, calibrated the IMU, and test flew it. Did you do a gimbal autocalibration?

If you have done all of these things and it still isnt working right, send it back to me and I will see if it's a mechnical problem or software settings.

By the way, were you able to get your cable problem sorted out? I think the stock cable you were using was wasn't working 100% but you changed it out and now it's working fine?

I see you recently got your Mavic repaired by @Thunderdrones. Did this problem start occurring after that point?

When you calibrated the IMU, did you place it on a completely level surface and do the calibration like this?

It was working fine, until yesterday night, and yes, I am about to go take it out and see if it happens again, I will keep you posted!

Hello again! It sounds like you are flying in atti mode. Can you tell me how many satellites you are getting? Before I sent it back to you, I calibrated the controller, calibrated the IMU, and test flew it. Did you do a gimbal autocalibration?

If you have done all of these things and it still isnt working right, send it back to me and I will see if it's a mechnical problem or software settings.
I did the calibration, yes. I am about to go fly it again to see if it happens again, and I will keep you posted, thanks!

I just tested it outside, and it seemed to be working :D I think you're right, I think yesterday when I flew it I calibrated the IMU on an uneven surface, I live on a hill, so calibrating it outside isn't such a good idea I am learning, haha. Thanks for your help!

I think yesterday when I flew it I calibrated the IMU on an uneven surface, I live on a hill, so calibrating it outside isn't such a good idea I am learning
Yes, that would certainly explain it. I'm happy to hear my suggestion helped you resolve your issue :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore