DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Landing gear, with shock absorbers!

I can absolutely see a use for these. I cut my grass on the tallest setting my mower has so landing in my yard is a no-go for now. With these, game changer.

big deal, you went out far, but you still can't manually land? yeah your wheels are still on
Calm down Iceman, we're talking about an itty bitty Mavic here, not an F35. Just because you manually land doesn't make you an ace.

That aside, I can see these being beneficial for that one time you come in too hot.

Reactions: mav09
Recently had to plow through to my mavic through a huge field because I thought it was smooth enough to land and couldn't take off again... these would have helped.

What about wheels?

I can absolutely see a use for these. I cut my grass on the tallest setting my mower has so landing in my yard is a no-go for now. With these, game changer.
You can already buy leg extenders and I can see a use for these. I have a set.

Sorry but leg extenders with springs is just a ******** gimmick. You think you need them, but you don't really!

Reactions: ZALEXANDERK
Seems like a gimmick to me that on a hard surface may cause an un-needed bounce. Extenders are a must as far as I am concerned even on decent tarmac simply because it keeps the air intake and camera farther from the ground and makes landing on a rough surface a little less nerve wracking.

Manually land meaning left stick down and when it hits 3 ft it pauses w vps and then lands. I also do hand launch and takeoffs often. But we're getting off topic with you being macho and attacking my ego.

I agree that they may be overkill, but what about if you were flying over water and had vps off and accidentally (yes these happen to everyone) land too hard. Regular leg extensions increase the leverage on those front legs and make them more likely to break if landing on hard surface. These would dampen that hit on those occasions

If I ever see a Mavic flying by with these things fastened to it, I'm going to think: "Wow, there goes a real nerd."

:)

Last edited:
I was thinking this...

1685ef1f3fa10a577206ef064402fb82.jpg

Nice thing, regardless of the word wrestling going on above ;)
I had another idea for my 3D printed Spyda: used furniture soft close piston dampers - works quite nice, and that's exactly the same idea I'm now working on for Mavic.

a5c80158-402d-44f9-8881-45b611bc7feb_l.jpg

Manually land meaning left stick down and when it hits 3 ft it pauses w vps and then lands. I also do hand launch and takeoffs often. But we're getting off topic with you being macho and attacking my ego.
So turn off landing protection...

Not being macho, simply pointing out if you know how to fly you wouldn't need all these training aids because you're not confident

Never said it made me an ice, just proficient

So turn off landing protection...

Not being macho, simply pointing out if you know how to fly you wouldn't need all these training aids because you're not confident

Never said it made me an ice, just proficient

You're off topic man, and yes I am proficient. Why do you insist on going after me personally when you know nothing about my experience. Issues man...

I'll just say that I'm curious to see how these would work. Get off ur high horse and be a part of the community and not a snob.

What it really comes down to is if the individual can find a use for it. Personally, I don't see a need which is why I won't buy them. If you see a need, then rock it.

Personally, I still think it's a gimmick though.

Reactions: Lelantos
I have to say I have several FStop Labs products. The quality is top notch. Their shoulder bag is better quality than the DJI one and 1/2 the price. Same with their 4 port battery charger. Keep up the good work guys!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu