DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Litchi speed not set and record on / off not working

TPP

Reactions
I just did a waypoint mission with my Mavic and Litchi. I had the cruising speed as 10 kph but increased the programmed speed mid flight to 30kph for a period, just so I could get there without too much delay. However when I did the mission, the whole mission was flown at 10 kph. I double checked the waypoints, and I had set them right (I believe)

I also programmed this mission to start and stop recording mid flight. This also did not happen. Any ideas?

I just did a waypoint mission with my Mavic and Litchi. I had the cruising speed as 10 kph but increased the programmed speed mid flight to 30kph for a period, just so I could get there without too much delay. However when I did the mission, the whole mission was flown at 10 kph. I double checked the waypoints, and I had set them right (I believe)

I also programmed this mission to start and stop recording mid flight. This also did not happen. Any ideas?
I've seen this mentioned in another thread or two with the Mavic -- that the top speed Litchi will let you set for a waypoint exceeds the top speed the SDK supports, so it will just ignore it if you set it too high. It's a bug.

I believe the top speed it will execute is 29mph, but I'm not sure. Create simple 2-WP mission and try several speeds between 22 and 29 to see the fastest it will let you go.

As for the video recording, I'm guessing you were using waypoint actions to start recording at one WP, then stop at another. WP actions are ignored if Curved Turns is enabled in Mission Settings. I'll bet this was your problem.

Except OP is only trying to achieve 30kmh (19mph) not 30mph. Signal loss prevents speed changes, but I guess it would have been mentioned if this was the case.

Litchi Max speed is 33.6 mph (same as DJI GS Pro) and I often fly my Litchi missions at 30 mph. Will try one at 33.6 and report back.

EDIT Just flight tested and YES Litchi will achieve speeds up to 33mph in a WPT Mission.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986