DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Max Speed

Mine won't break 40mph in Sport mode. Another strange thing is when I swap out the flight battery for another flight, with the physical switch set to Sport mode, it won't fly in Sport mode. It's slow, around 15-18mph. I have to switch off the sport mode switch, then switch it back on to get the RC to actually SAY sport mode and fly in the upper 30's mph.

Yeah it only goes over 40 mph in a tailwind. And doesn't benefit from tailwind nearly as much as the Phantoms. Gradually slower - my best speeds: P2V (2013), 69.61 mph, P2V+ (2014) 61 mph, P3P (2015) 65.1 mph, P4 (2016) 57mph. Mavic 45.43 mph.

Do people really want their Mavics to fly faster than 40 mph? Fly a Mavic at 60 mph or more? Stick your hand out your car window while cruising down a highway at highway speeds and notice the magnitude of the wind force and wind gusts on your hand. Do you really want the Mavic's exposed camera do be constantly subjected to such forces? I wouldn't. If speed is what you want, it seems that an aerodynamically smooth fixed-wing RC airplane is a much better choice to play with than a quadcopter like a Mavic.

Reactions: ManVic
mine clocked 44.3mph on the weekend and my inspire top speed is 57.5mph ....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scott911