DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini - Was I Unrealistic ?

Yes, the FCC version only has 5.8 GHz - where do you live? However, the FCC versions have a higher transmission power which should compensate for the lack of 2.4 GHz frequencies. If your new drone has the same short range as your old one, it’s more likely to be something related to the environment you’re flying in rather than the drone - the chances of getting two new drones with the same hardware problem is very unlikely.
Would the same apply for a mavic air 2? I ask because my father in law has one and he says he sees the 2.4 channels and we live 10 miles from one another.

I live in Suffolk County on Long Island in New York - USA ( wantes to be as clear as possible there lol)

This is beyond frustrating - to not even be able to get from one end of a parking lot to the other without loss of signal makes this aircraft useless to me.

Did they replace the transmitter as well?
No just the aircraft - sent both in together so that the issue could be narrowed down properly

Maybe when they tested the aircraft and saw the Gimbal issue they just assumed the aircraft was the issue the whole time and didn't check the control

Would the same apply for a mavic air 2? I ask because my father in law has one and he says he sees the 2.4 channels and we live 10 miles from one another.

I live in Suffolk County on Long Island in New York - USA ( wantes to be as clear as possible there lol)

This is beyond frustrating - to not even be able to get from one end of a parking lot to the other without loss of signal makes this aircraft useless to me.

Mavic Air 2 is OccuSync...doesn't compare in transmission protocols.... Apples to Oranges there. ;) The fact that others post extreme distances as compared to your two thus far..pretty much quantifies that your have a area with a unusual ground floor of transmission clutter, that or you got two lemons, which as already pointed out is plausible..just highly unlikely. Beyond that your not in the best area to be flying anything, given New Yorks restrictions on drones and airspace.

Attachments

• Long Island.jpg
    Long Island.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Mavic Air 2 is OccuSync...doesn't compare in transmission protocols.... Apples to Oranges there. ;)
Good to know

However that doesn't change anything for me lol I still only get about 300 ft distance - - maybe 500 on a good day where I spoke softly to the drone and encouraged it before take off.

Mavic Air 2 is OccuSync...doesn't compare in transmission protocols.... Apples to Oranges there. ;) The fact that others post extreme distances as compared to your two thus far..pretty much quantifies that your have a area with a unusual ground floor of transmission clutter, that or you got two lemons, which as already pointed out is plausible..just highly unlikely. Beyond that your not in the best area to be flying anything, given New Yorks restrictions on drones and airspace.
Ah you added more - only got the first half at first

I doubt I got 2 lemons also - do you think it could be the controller?

Don't know what to do at this point - do I even bother contacting DJI about the controller possibly being the issue?

Ah you added more - only got the first half at first

I doubt I got 2 lemons also - do you think it could be the controller?

Don't know what to do at this point - do I even bother contacting DJI about the controller possibly being the issue?

Yeah I do that...read and add...it's a bad habit..or a Marine thing...always adjusting :p I think if possible perhaps you could post on here to see if a fellow pilot might be able to step in as already mentioned. IF you two could meet up at your and his flying sites and compare "notes" I think that is your best option now. If he has same results as you, well you have your answer.

If you want something that works in your area your gonna have to pony up and get off the beginner drone. BTW does your father in law fly in the same area as you or could..let him fly your area and see what he gets and you fly his. Even being Occusync if he notes a decreased distance than his norm, then you know it is area and not hardware. ;)

Yeah I do that...read and add...it's a bad habit..or a Marine thing...always adjusting [emoji14] I think if possible perhaps you could post on here to see if a fellow pilot might be able to step in as already mentioned. IF you two could meet up at your and his flying sites and compare "notes" I think that is your best option now. If he has same results as you, well you have your answer.

If you want something that works in your area your gonna have to pony up and get off the beginner drone. BTW does your father in law fly in the same area as you or could..let him fly your area and see what he gets and you fly his. Even being Occusync if he notes a decreased distance than his norm, then you know it is area and not hardware. ;)
First and foremost thank you for your service - it's because of great people such as your self and what you are willing to sacrifice that allow the masses of us to live the way we do. I appreciate you.

For the record I have an Mavic 2 Pro and works fine in the same area I take off from with my mini as does my father in law's mavic air 2.

Also, I've flown in his are with the M2P and that works fine - with the mini I get the same results in every area I've taken off from - 300 to 500 and I lose connection.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
survey-rich