MAVIC+Nexus 6p?

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by m4v1c, Oct 31, 2016.

1. m4v1c

m4v1c Member

Hello all,

I was on the brink of purchasing the Mavic until I saw some posts about how the Nexus 6p doesn't work with the Mavic controller. I also read some stuff about how it doesn't fit well because of the USB cords and etc. Could someone explain to me why the phone wouldbt fit in the controller; I thought you just plug in the USB-C to the phone and fold in those arms?

Purchasing a new phone would mostly likely be a deal breaker for me, I don't think I have the extra cash for a iPhone or something else.

Your help would be appreciated!

Thanks, happy flying

2. darkneo

darkneo Well-Known Member

I use it and it works with the controller fine. Just make sure you have a very thin case on the phone or nothing at all. It's a tight squeeze but with practice you figure out how to get it in there with ease.

m4v1c likes this.
  3. camfirstflyer

camfirstflyer Member

ya it works. but like Darkneo says, use a thinner case for better results.

I use this Spigen Rugged Armor and i can wedge it in, but it's by no means a perfect solution.

on the other hand, it's a big screen on Android 7 with a fat *** battery.. can't hate that :)

4. TommyGun

TommyGun Member

My post was in regards to the Nexus 6 not the 6P, the 6 is larger and causing some issues. I can't say for sure, but you should be fine with a 6P. In other news, my Nexus 6 is for sale if anyone is interested.

m4v1c likes this.