DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC+Nexus 6p?

m4v1c

Reactions
Hello all,

I was on the brink of purchasing the Mavic until I saw some posts about how the Nexus 6p doesn't work with the Mavic controller. I also read some stuff about how it doesn't fit well because of the USB cords and etc. Could someone explain to me why the phone wouldbt fit in the controller; I thought you just plug in the USB-C to the phone and fold in those arms?

Purchasing a new phone would mostly likely be a deal breaker for me, I don't think I have the extra cash for a iPhone or something else.

Your help would be appreciated!

Thanks, happy flying

I use it and it works with the controller fine. Just make sure you have a very thin case on the phone or nothing at all. It's a tight squeeze but with practice you figure out how to get it in there with ease.

Reactions: m4v1c
ya it works. but like Darkneo says, use a thinner case for better results.

I use this Spigen Rugged Armor and i can wedge it in, but it's by no means a perfect solution.

on the other hand, it's a big screen on Android 7 with a fat *** battery.. can't hate that :)

Hello all,

I was on the brink of purchasing the Mavic until I saw some posts about how the Nexus 6p doesn't work with the Mavic controller. I also read some stuff about how it doesn't fit well because of the USB cords and etc. Could someone explain to me why the phone wouldbt fit in the controller; I thought you just plug in the USB-C to the phone and fold in those arms?

Purchasing a new phone would mostly likely be a deal breaker for me, I don't think I have the extra cash for a iPhone or something else.

Your help would be appreciated!

Thanks, happy flying
My post was in regards to the Nexus 6 not the 6P, the 6 is larger and causing some issues. I can't say for sure, but you should be fine with a 6P. In other news, my Nexus 6 is for sale if anyone is interested.

Reactions: m4v1c
ya it works. but like Darkneo says, use a thinner case for better results.

I use this Spigen Rugged Armor and i can wedge it in, but it's by no means a perfect solution.

on the other hand, it's a big screen on Android 7 with a fat *** battery.. can't hate that :)
I know this post is old now but was wondering how do you connect to the controller? Isn't the cable micro USB not USB C?

DJI supply you with a lightning (iPhone), micro USB and USB type C cables to connect the phone.

My issue is with the DJI Go 4 app, it crashes a lot. One main issue is that it crashes when starting in landscape which DJI have know about for a while and still have not fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming