DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic parts. Just how much can your Repair your Bird?

i see :(
i cant see this being covered by warranty.
Are the service fees ridiculous?
call me crazy but im not going to create some spiel that the support broke for
any reason that a hard landing, so they are surely going to charge me.

If anyone out there is dismantling a mavic for parts. yes i will do a search, but if you happen to know
someone who is doing just that,
a link would make my day
thanks

I would put it forward as a warranty fix. See my other post and examine the arms for the same pressure point. While that block plate looks substantial the truth is a lot of load is focused on a small area. Design deficient, IMO.

Thanks to your mishap I'll be making a strengthening fix for that area and I'll post when done.

I would put it forward as a warranty fix. See my other post and examine the arms for the same pressure point. While that block plate looks substantial the truth is a lot of load is focused on a small area. Design deficient, IMO.

Thanks to your mishap I'll be making a strengthening fix for that area and I'll post when done.

He can try warranty fix, but it was crashed, so prob charge him at least a refresh or labor and parts to put a new one in.

Ive had a bird at DJI for exactly one month getting fixed. But thats another saga.

By the way how do you hard land these things? Mine comes down slow and then stay at about 2 ft height and then lands gently when i keep the stick pulled down. Please suggest.

Thanks

By the way how do you hard land these things? Mine comes down slow and then stay at about 2 ft height and then lands gently when i keep the stick pulled down. Please suggest.

Thanks

Accidents happen. Also if the ground is uneven one might hit something on one of the arms resulting in a lot of load on that weak area. I've epoxied some plastic "plate" over top to give it more resistance.

He can try warranty fix, but it was crashed, so prob charge him at least a refresh or labor and parts to put a new one in.

Ive had a bird at DJI for exactly one month getting fixed. But thats another saga.

Sending mine today ... hope to see it in April...

Okay I am going to get a custom foam landing pad made then!!! About an inch thick

Sending mine today ... hope to see it in April...

Just got mine back. Took 5 weeks total. Got another with them now. Took 1 week to get there, 3 days to estimate repair, paid yesterday, should hopefully ship back in a few days. So hopefully this one will have taken only a nmonth from the day I shipped it. Also, UPS requires a signature on delivery.

Just got mine back. Took 5 weeks total. Got another with them now. Took 1 week to get there, 3 days to estimate repair, paid yesterday, should hopefully ship back in a few days. So hopefully this one will have taken only a nmonth from the day I shipped it. Also, UPS requires a signature on delivery.

I have it sent to work. UPS come here several times per week in any case.

Thunder Drone: Are people flying these things so aggressively that youve created a parts business? This thing just came out a few months ago!

People are nuts! Im flying this thing like its a Faberge egg! I mean I fly my racers a little cray but theyre supposed to be flown hard....

Thunder Drone: Are people flying these things so aggressively that youve created a parts business? This thing just came out a few months ago!

People are nuts! Im flying this thing like its a Faberge egg! I mean I fly my racers a little cray but theyre supposed to be flown hard....

You are right to treat your Mavic like a Faberge egg. Its an expensive, precision machine, and although its built really well and as strong as a tank, if you lose concentration or control for a moment, youre into a tree, power line or the sidewalk.

Ive had my drone sales, parts, salvage, repair business since early last year, and have found that most crashes are a result of flying too low into obstacles. I have also been repairing other aviation RC for many years and its the same story. Most people are not flying aggressively, just trying to get s shot without paying enough attention to surrounding obstacles while looking at their device, and then the crash occurs. Thats why the Mavic is a great drone but would cover alot more bases if it had 360 degree obstacle avoidance like the P4P, as long as youre flying in tripod or beginner mode.

On the plus side, I have seen very few crashes due to manufacturing or firmware defects, crashes are caused by operator error 99% of the time. Main causes are as mentioned above, lack of situational awareness of obstacles, flying with a battery too low to RTH, compass not calibrated, not enough GPS satellites, or simply an operator who never flew a drone before and tried to fly it without anyones help. And one more thing that causes crashes is flying in winding conditions, and using non OEM equipment such as generic batteries or generic props. Those are a sure recipe for disaster.

You are right to treat your Mavic like a Faberge egg. Its an expensive, precision machine, and although its built really well and as strong as a tank, if you lose concentration or control for a moment, youre into a tree, power line or the sidewalk.

Ive had my drone sales, parts, salvage, repair business since early last year, and have found that most crashes are a result of flying too low into obstacles. I have also been repairing other aviation RC for many years and its the same story. Most people are not flying aggressively, just trying to get s shot without paying enough attention to surrounding obstacles while looking at their device, and then the crash occurs. Thats why the Mavic is a great drone but would cover alot more bases if it had 360 degree obstacle avoidance like the P4P, as long as youre flying in tripod or beginner mode.

On the plus side, I have seen very few crashes due to manufacturing or firmware defects, crashes are caused by operator error 99% of the time. Main causes are as mentioned above, lack of situational awareness of obstacles, flying with a battery too low to RTH, compass not calibrated, not enough GPS satellites, or simply an operator who never flew a drone before and tried to fly it without anyones help. And one more thing that causes crashes is flying in winding conditions, and using non OEM equipment such as generic batteries or generic props. Those are a sure recipe for disaster.

Great info! The gimbal to me seems tremendously fragile....In your opinion does Sport Mode cause wear on it? I slow and go my MP so no worries for me but was generally curios.

interesting... mine left rear arm has a lot of (about 3mm) up and down movement. Never landed it hard or in a way that those legs even touched the ground. Its brand new, only had about a dozen of flights. So I am wondering if there is a way to tighten it, without opening the bird...!?

Reactions: shreddedpork
interesting... mine left rear arm has a lot of (about 3mm) up and down movement. Never landed it hard or in a way that those legs even touched the ground. Its brand new, only had about a dozen of flights. So I am wondering if there is a way to tighten it, without opening the bird...!?
Did you ever find a way to fix this? I just got mine and had 6 flights on it, changed out the battery and when I went airborne again noticed an extreme wobble. I found the left rear arm appears slightly loose when extended as looks to be the culprit. Thx for any info you can provide on a fix.

Reactions: Former Member
Did you ever find a way to fix this? I just got mine and had 6 flights on it, changed out the battery and when I went airborne again noticed an extreme wobble. I found the left rear arm appears slightly loose when extended as looks to be the culprit. Thx for any info you can provide on a fix.

Are one of your rear arms loose? Can you take a YouTube video?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev