DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic PP Crashed

north6633

Reactions
I had my first crash yesterday & I am not completely sure what happened. I was flying a Litchi way point mission I had flown several times before and as the drone was traveling from way point 1 to 2 the video froze and the controller lost connection. With some searching I found the drone directly under where it was last shown in the litchi map. It was still powered up and showing the signs of having fallen 200 feet. Both the front landing legs broke off the body cracked in 2 places and the gimble hanging from the ribbon cable.

I pulled the SD card and looked at the video, since it was recording since take off and the video ends at the same place as where is froze in the feed. It was almost like the drone rebooted itself mid flight.

Below is the flight data

This was the second flight of the day. I had just completed a FPV flight with Litchi and swapped out batteries for this flight. At first I thought it was a battery issue, but the battery shows as being fine.

I have a ticket open with DJI and will be shipping my drone to them. I have DJI refresh so I will see how that goes. My biggest concern is I don't know what went wrong. If it was my error I would like to know what it was so not to repeat it.

Anyone else have an issue similar to this?

Thanks,

I pulled the SD card and looked at the video, since it was recording since take off and the video ends at the same place as where is froze in the feed
Can you post it here?

Before you ship it out, I would suggest extracting the DAT files from the AC around the time of the incident if it is functional. The smart guys here might need to analyze those rather than the logs in your mobile, as the key entries might not have made it to the RC.

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
Before you ship it out, I would suggest extracting the DAT files from the AC around the time of the incident if it is functional. The smart guys here might need to analyze those rather than the logs in your mobile, as the key entries might not have made it to the RC.
I have downloaded the .dat file. its a gig file.

Not sure how to parse is out or where to upload it.
Any help woudl be great.

The aircraft DAT file should show evidence of either a reboot or a battery problem, which are the most likely explanations.

Aircraft V3 DAT file: How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
The aircraft DAT file should show evidence of either a reboot or a battery problem, which are the most likely explanations.

Aircraft V3 DAT file: How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC
I followed the instructions here but the newest data file in in October.
No recent flights, is there something I am missing.

I have done in both ways shown. The method of mounting the drive does nothing but open the viewer. No drive is mounted.

My firmware on the AC is not up to date. Maybe I should try that.

Last edited:

I have done in both ways shown. The method of mounting the drive does nothing but open the viewer. No drive is mounted.

That has been a problem with some Mavic Pros - the DAT files may have been recorded in a different, inaccessible location.

That has been a problem with some Mavic Pros - the DAT files may have been recorded in a different, inaccessible location.
Thanks, for the help. Appears I have one of those Mavics.
Will send it in and see what the story is. In the meantime I guess I better start looking for a new drone.

Are you running FW 01.03.0900 thru FW 01.04.0300? If so, the .DAT was probably not recorded. Take a look here
Keeping .DATs on the Mavic Pro accessible

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiktoksss