DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 1 controller sync at distance?

Davros007

Reactions
Can anyone tell me if the MP1 controller and aircraft will still sync at distance? IE, can I fly out to see a mate at maximum visual range, land, and they change the battery? Then power it back up. Will it sync?
Cheers,
Dave

perhaps... IF you have LOS the whole time.... like in a flat barren desert or land on an elevated area where LOS is preserved.

perhaps... IF you have LOS the whole time.... like in a flat barren desert or land on an elevated area where LOS is preserved.
Yeah, thinking like photography of a mate who’s climbing a mountain. Especially if cold and poor battery life! Maybe even delivering something small.

Yeah, thinking like photography of a mate who’s climbing a mountain. Especially if cold and poor battery life! Maybe even delivering something small.
I have successfully used the technique of landing, without powering off, on a spot above me and at distance in order to reset TO altitude so I could see over a mountain (ie fly higher absolutely than I could from original TO). Be careful... lose VLOS on landing and someone will have to retrieve the drone.

There was a video ages back of a guy in Asia somewhere who kept landing on top of higher and higher buildings, disconnecting and then reconnecting at each step as a way to break the 120m ceiling limit.

So yeah it should be possible, but you might want to test it before risking it!

Reactions: Davros007
There was a video ages back of a guy in Asia somewhere who kept landing on top of higher and higher buildings, disconnecting and then reconnecting at each step as a way to break the 120m ceiling limit.

Interesting idea!

See post #4

I have successfully used the technique of landing, without powering off, on a spot above me and at distance in order to reset TO altitude so I could see over a mountain (ie fly higher absolutely than I could from original TO). Be careful... lose VLOS on landing and someone will have to retrieve the drone.
Also, did this reset ‘return to home”? I guess then you make the controller ‘home’?

Reactions: Flycaster

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palaiouras