DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 horizen line not level

Letmein

Reactions
Good afternoon,
So reading pilot's encounters with the Mavic 2 Pro gimbal... I have the problem of having it not hit horizontal on the horizon. If I'm shooting stills... it will level if I leave the drone there... but for video... a pain in the a@@. I've done calibration of the compass... made sure that the setting is on follow. But it's slow if not off for the horizon being level. I also have a Phantom 4 pro... the gimbal for videos is spot on... no problems. I bought is 3 months ago... the place has a 30 day return policy... but now... seems I have to deal with DJI. I've heard so many horror stories with having to get it repaired or replaced... I'm feeling like I just have to live with it... what are YOUR suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Have you done the gimbal auto-calibration and if its consistent roll have you adjusted manually?

Reactions: Bigboy99
Just some quick questions to check ...

-You don't have by mistake set the gimbal in FPV mode in GO4?
-Have you tried to calibrate the gimbal in GO4?
-If the gimbal tilt angle is consistent, you do know then that you manually can adjust both the gimbal Yaw & Roll angle by +/-10 degrees?
-If the gimbal tilt angle isn't consistent does the gimbal always tilt in the same direction weather you bank left or right?
-If the gimbal tilts while banking does the gimbal only slowly regain horizon level when you stop banking?

-If the gimbal tilt angle is consistent, you do know then that you manually can adjust both the gimbal Yaw & Roll angle by +/-10 degrees?
-If the gimbal tilt angle isn't consistent does the gimbal always tilt in the same direction weather you bank left or right?
-If the gimbal tilts while banking does the gimbal only slowly regain horizon level when you stop banking?
Thanks... I've done all that. My phantom 4 pro... in video... it was never an issue. But with this Mavic Pro 2 I thought I was getting an upgraded camera only to find out the gimble is less than anticitpated!

Reactions: eskadrone

Hello. Im experiencing the same issue. Just got my replacement after a minor accident.
M2P came sealed with all the caution stickers, looking brand new.
An hour later put it up in the air and noticed the gimbal tilts to the right when quad rolls right. In Follow mode.

Returned home, took off props and simulated roll. Same thing. The gimbal just tilts to the right and then very slowly repositions itself rightly after I rest the quad on the table. Im gonna contact DJI tomorrow on this issue.
Mabe you have a solution tjat I don’t know about.

PS I tried to adjust manually and calibrate automatically. Nothing helps.

Thank you!

I had the exact same issue. I contacted the seller, who issued an RMA, and I returned the M2P drone to the seller, who returned it to DJI as a DOA unit, and the seller replaced mine with another new one, which now works perfectly! Return it. It's defective! The seller said mine was the third one with the same problem. There appears to be a bad batch of M2P units with this issue. Get a good one!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N