DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2 internal storage full, but reads empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonM3

Reactions
Mavic pro 2 internal 8G storage shows only 500m remaining space when plugged into my mac in finder window. Yet there is nothing in any of the folders, empty. Really need the videos and photos from this job! Remote has them, but low quality of course. Ran disk rescue on the drive and did not fix the issue. Anyone have Ideas of how to see/get these files? remote went into cache mode on smart controller late in the flight. No mircro ssd in the Mavic nor the controller. I know....

I'm not a Mac fan so I can't help you with why it's not seeing the files, but you should be able to download the full resolution files to the Go 4 app and save them to your portable device and go from there. You'll have to connect the controller and drone of course.

And yeah, buy a $20 microSD card if you're shooting something important.

Reactions: Thomas B
True about the MicroSD's, was just out of it that morning, Still I have the files on my smart controller, but they are lower res than what is normally on the drone itself. Correct? the controller looks a little jumpy in video and normally I have zero jump off the drone. dng files are far smaller as well. 1.6 MB vs 41MB. Unless there is something I don't know about. I've never pull files from the controller. Videos are about 1/4 of the size as well. I have all videos and all photos on this controller, so if there is a way to get them off it in high res, I'm all ears! Thx for any help in advance.

the HQ files are on the drone not the controller. The controller will auto clean itself of cache pics and video. I really don't look at things on the controller. I would just format the internal storage on your drone via the Go software on your radio. My thought: If you are using you Mac to delete files they are located in a .trash file and not really deleted till you have you drone connected to your mac and empty trash on your Mac.

Reactions: simonpresto
If you connect the drone, controller and device and go to the editor section of the Go 4 app and look at the thumbnails there should be an option to download the full resolution files from the drone.

Really need the videos and photos from this job!
I’ve had problems reading DJI formatted MicroSDs on Mac. Might be same for internal storage. Before you do anything else try to read the internal storage using a PC and USB cable. If you don’t have a PC take it to someone who does. You might be able to recover your originals.

Mavic pro 2 internal 8G storage shows only 500m remaining space when plugged into my mac in finder window. Yet there is nothing in any of the folders, empty. Really need the videos and photos from this job! Remote has them, but low quality of course. Ran disk rescue on the drive and did not fix the issue. Anyone have Ideas of how to see/get these files? remote went into cache mode on smart controller late in the flight. No mircro ssd in the Mavic nor the controller. I know....
The full resolution files are in the drone itself, not on the controller. Plug in the drone to the computer to extract them.

The full resolution files are in the drone itself, not on the controller. Plug in the drone to the computer to extract them.
This is a three year old thread you're bumping and the OP is well aware the files are on the drone, the problem they were having was when the drone was connected to their OSX PC the files were not showing.

Reactions: old man mavic
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying