DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 2

Well, you know they are working on an MP-v2....

How many of you responded to the TWO surveys to Mavic owners?... That tells me they are taking in what they should and should not include next time around.

For me:

• Better camera, capable of 60fps without moire'/aliasing
  • Better colors.
  • At least rearward if not 360 obstacle avoidance
  • HDMI out

A lot of these suggestions would most likely raise the price to Phantom levels maybe more. Lots of good ideas though.
Oh, you don't know what I would be ready to pay for all of that, AND portability - which only Mavic would have, and not Phantom series ;)

I just got mine this week but haven't had a chance to fly it yet (stupid rain). Based on my P3P experience though, I can say I would them both to have stronger lighting that can meet the three-mile rule.

These threads are ridiculous. They barely caught up to the pre orders of the mavic and they aren't in stock anywhere yet but already with the Mavic 2 chatter. What about the mavic3 or mavic4 WTF...

As ridiculous as it may seem.... a wish list is always good to have out there for DJI to see. They ARE already working on the MP2, no harm in letting them know what we want.

Development on such a high tec item like this is always ongoing and R&D will be well underway on a roadmap of new items while the rest of the company gets on with supplying the existing product line.

The sooner DJIs boffins and marketing people know what the market is willing to pay for the better for them.

No point in wasting valuable resources on improving the WiFi range when nobody wants it.

If everybody wants 360 obstacle avoidance then they know to try a squeeze it in for an extra cost and maybe a slight size increase.

This is a very useful thread for us as punters and DJI - free market research :)

It doesn't mean I'm not still blown away by the amazing features of this little wonder - still so much to learn and do.

Reactions: woesch
Why would DJI be coming out with a MP2 when they've barely solved the supply chain for the first iteration? There is no need to improve on this drone for at least the remainder of this year; they can't keep up with demand as it is. They will more likely introduce a Mavic (non-Pro) that is more sport/race oriented with scaled back features, like a lesser camera, perhaps with a cheaper, but more durable gimbal, no wifi mode, fewer advanced flying modes, and a price tag 200-300 less than the original Pro version.

Maybe this is just wishful thinking because I don't want a Mavic coming out that's better than the one I just bought. ;)

Reactions: larkin
Would love if my Mavic had the camera quality of the P4P...That's all I want in the V2 Mavic...

Reactions: MarkO
Well, you know they are working on an MP-v2....

How many of you responded to the TWO surveys to Mavic owners?... That tells me they are taking in what they should and should not include next time around.

For me:

• Better camera, capable of 60fps without moire'/aliasing
  • Better colors.
  • At least rearward if not 360 obstacle avoidance
  • HDMI out
Same for me.
Certainly we need to see 60fps in all recording modes without Moire/aliasing
This is the single biggest let down for the Mavic.
Try panning shots or Active Track at 24, 25, 30 FPS. It's quite rough especially in 1080 50p & 60p
The camera is great but it certainly is limited due to poor quality 1080p

After doing a lot of research, I holding on to purchase Mavic Pro as I think the gimbal is not that robust & reliable... will wait for v2 and pray they redesign the gimbal.... or better still.... take the Phantom 4 gimbal and apply it on v2.

Reactions: gilbertc
After doing a lot of research, I holding on to purchase Mavic Pro as I think the gimbal is not that robust & reliable... will wait for v2 and pray they redesign the gimbal.... or better still.... take the Phantom 4 gimbal and apply it on v2.

In that case Your going to have a very long wait.
Even though I am sure they have a production prototype already built and tested it is most likely going to have its main board redisigned in light of recent firmware events. I expect a new release date pushed back to Jan or Feb 2018 and probably a lucky few will get there hands on one between march and April.

It's locked down systems will probably be unappealing to the masses who will still covet the unshackled pro1 unless DJI does something radically game changing to the Pro2.. More sensors and 60 FPS alone are not going to trump the absolute freedom the current model will soon have.

Rob

Last edited:
In that case Your going to have a very long wait.
Even though I am sure they have a production prototype already built and tested it is most likely going to have its main board redisigned in light of recent firmware events. I expect a new release date pushed back to Jan or Feb 2018 and probably a lucky few will get there hands on one between march and April.

It's locked down systems will probably be unappealing to the masses who will still covet the unshackled pro1 unless DJI does something radically game changing to the Pro2.. More sensors and 60 FPS alone are not going to trump the absolute freedom the current model will soon have.

Rob

Oh yes I'm a patience man... so temporary I have Spark to entertain my flying soul =)

As regard to the recent firmware getting lock, will cross the bridge when it comes to it.....

The Lily ads got me interested in UAVs. I waited and waited for the Lily. Then here came the Mavic! I love it just the way it is. But other MFRs are struggling to compete with or surpass the Mavic. I'm certain that DJI development team will work very hard to protect and expand the market share of their best seller, and will add must-have features. It's not if they come out with a Mavic 2, but when.

If I had my druthers, I'd ask for 360 OA, 10 bit signal, 1" sensor, longer flight time, HDMI out.

These threads are ridiculous. They barely caught up to the pre orders of the mavic and they aren't in stock anywhere yet but already with the Mavic 2 chatter. What about the mavic3 or mavic4 WTF...
Exactly. They are making so much cash with the Mavic they don't need to release a new one yet. You won't see a newer Mavic for years. You can't even find a battery or props in a local Frys or Best Buy.

lets have it made out of carbon, a wayyy better gibal construction minus elastic bands, upgraded "sports" motors inc battery output and of course better camera.. and a built in green laser to let airline pilots know there's a mavic in the sky so please avoid :)

I will guarantee you that R&D is all ready working on not only MP2 but they are also working on MP3. Like all manufacturing companies they have a roadmap for many years to come. There are features that they are working on that possibly were ready and could have been added to the MP1, like rear facing obstacle avoidance, but left off intentionally. They knew they could sell a ton of them as is, and will purposely save features to add to the next generations, knowing that these features will help sell the next generation. This is a manufacturing plan that most smart companies follow.

Reactions: Hauptmann
They're not going to put most of the above onto any mavic as it'll wipe out their phantom market.
Personally i want a better sensor on the camera (in terms of noise and sharpness) and a higher bitrate for 4k video. And a redesign of the gimbal so its less exposed and fragile.

Not that it'll happen soon. Most likely will be a mavic 1 standard first (FCC application for model number M1S has already been leaked) and a mavic 2 possibly q4 2018.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78