DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro 9 Month Review - What DJI don't tell you

There are aftermarket gimbal lock and cover combined products. It works flawless. Just remove bubble and gimbal is also unlocked.
Edit: also eliminates another part that can be lost..

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
There are aftermarket gimbal lock and cover combined products. It works flawless. Just remove bubble and gimbal is also unlocked.
Edit: also eliminates another part that can be lost..

Yes - I use this part also - works really well - much easier to clip on that the factory clamp and just the one part - not two.
Think I paid $2 or something for it.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
...I made sure that would never happen again, glued a piece of fluro rescue tape to hang down from the flat side of the clamp, you literally can't miss it, or handle the drone without noticing it !!

Any sort of bright ribbon etc will do, just as long as it's flat the clear cover can still be clipped on over for transport...
That's a good idea!

I have recently switched to the cover that combines the retention clip, but previously I did take off a few times with the clamp on. I also would occasionally lose the clear plastic piece and spend time searching for it. All reasons the pink tape idea is a good one.

Yeah, the only "issue" I can agree with is the flight time of about 22-24mins...but that's not really a problem.

Other than that, none of the other complaints voiced in this video can be applied to my bird.

It's not an iPhone, but rather a sophisticated RC model. It will never be an iPhone no matter how much DJI "fixes" it.

@MAvic_South_Oz I need to make this mod as well. I'm not sure if this was the reason for my gimbal failure, as this happened a few times where I forgot to remove it

Thanks for this! Brilliant... I have missed this step several times now and this will be a good reminder.

Yeah not hard at all to take off with the clamp there, but normally you know pretty quick it's left on and can return that short distance and remove it.
I reckon, besides the fact I shouldn't have this issue again, I will really work on my pre flight checks, one of which will be 'no warnings present', as I bet even just switching it on and placing on the ground the gimbal error message should / would come up.

I do like the look of the one piece cover / clamp too !!
Although not sure how it's easy to put on, I find you need to turn the unit upside down and get the gimbal very relaxed in centred position to slide the factory clamp on, not sure with a bubble on it that would be an easy process.
Besides, fitting / changing filters, you really need to fit gimbal clamp to assist and protect the gimbal from excessive movement while pushing filters on properly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne