DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC PRO arrived with camera problems

They say that patience is a virtue, and while I have had little choice having had wait since October 16th for my Mavic, I am now though havng second thoughts about my order, pariticularly after reading about the increasing number of problems in a lot of Mavic Pilots letters.

Reactions: dslater
They say that patience is a virtue, and while I have had little choice having had wait since October 16th for my Mavic, I am now though havng second thoughts about my order, pariticularly after reading about the increasing number of problems in a lot of Mavic Pilots letters.

Stick with it. Perhaps cancel and re-order directly from DJI. But the Mavic is a really good device. Seems like they have a few QA issues to solve, so check it thoroughly upon arrival, and swap when necessary, but in the end you will be happy.

Reactions: Rxb
Hello fellow pilots

Finally I've got my Mavic pro, after more then 2 months delay.

I was waiting for this moment, but DJI provided some bad surprise.

The problem is, that Camera most of the time would show distorted picture: Lower part of the image is blurred/distorted with purple looking small squares/pixels.

Sometimes Camera shows clear picture, but most of the time it is distorted.

I talked with online tech support, but they were not helpful at all. Spending all day with different representatives, I discovered, that uploading files to DJI web site is useless, thy are also getting distorted. Finally, google drive was used to upload the video/screenshot.

Bad thing is that this people said that the device should go to repair, and they could not tell if I qualify for free repair.

Well, I believe, that the problem is either in Camera itself, in the camera cable, or drones main board, but most probably it should be a cable.

I really don't want to send the unit for repair. It will take definitely long time and repairing Camera, they may damage something else and it will be endless repair cycle. when brand new device shows such problem, it is definitely not good sign and shows that quality control simply does not exist at the factory.

If you experienced something like this, I would like to know. I don't think that my unit has something unusual what never happened before.

If it is something that is usual and persistent with other Mavic drones, then I will definitely return it.

The drone flies well otherwise.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.
We had the same issue. Go to camera setting, under style, then custom and set all three options to -3.

Hello fellow pilots

Finally I've got my Mavic pro, after more then 2 months delay.

I was waiting for this moment, but DJI provided some bad surprise.

The problem is, that Camera most of the time would show distorted picture: Lower part of the image is blurred/distorted with purple looking small squares/pixels.

Sometimes Camera shows clear picture, but most of the time it is distorted.

I talked with online tech support, but they were not helpful at all. Spending all day with different representatives, I discovered, that uploading files to DJI web site is useless, thy are also getting distorted. Finally, google drive was used to upload the video/screenshot.

Bad thing is that this people said that the device should go to repair, and they could not tell if I qualify for free repair.

Well, I believe, that the problem is either in Camera itself, in the camera cable, or drones main board, but most probably it should be a cable.

I really don't want to send the unit for repair. It will take definitely long time and repairing Camera, they may damage something else and it will be endless repair cycle. when brand new device shows such problem, it is definitely not good sign and shows that quality control simply does not exist at the factory.

If you experienced something like this, I would like to know. I don't think that my unit has something unusual what never happened before.

If it is something that is usual and persistent with other Mavic drones, then I will definitely return it.

The drone flies well otherwise.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.
We have discovered that those squares are an overexposure warning so if you intend to take a pic or film then you will need to make adjustments. If you don't like seeing it, turn off the camera exposure warning in your camera settings.

i ordered mine in uk from retailer...returned and got a new one same week,distortion on right side of vids and when moves around could see almost like a thin layer of dots as if inside the camera the lens was dirty and moved under/over any vids i took...replacement was worse,same layer of dots or dirt as if inside of camera was dirty,and blur right side....week later replaced it again,no distortion at all either side,but a big red haze centre of screen if filmed anything white (like clouds lol)...same dirty lens (inside if that is the reason,as outside seems spotless)...gonna give it a few weeks and,yet again,ask for replacement as is my right if sold faulty goods within 30 days of purchase...am hopeing all from same rushed batch and some camera installer had dirty fingers as he stuck inside of lenses into camera or something,either way not happy when buy a flying camera that the camera is so badly made....(way mavic pro flies etc a dream,but useless if the camera is'nt as flawless....)
few more replacements and store is gonna be sick of me...or sick of dji's quality control and stop letting them sell the mavics thru their stores....

Actually, myu problem was solved by switching to Apple iPad Mini2. All apple products work well with DJI. As a contrast, most Android devices drive DJI crazy.

DJI-s were not designed for Android. Most android devices are not on compatibility list. Do yourself a favour and get Apple. Then DJI piloting makes a difference :)

Actually, myu problem was solved by switching to Apple iPad Mini2. All apple products work well with DJI. As a contrast, most Android devices drive DJI crazy.

DJI-s were not designed for Android. Most android devices are not on compatibility list. Do yourself a favour and get Apple. Then DJI piloting makes a difference :)

seriously,dji did not take into consideration 70% of the market they selling to own android phones?much as i am used to incompitence,i work in retail after all lol,i find it hard to beleive such a statement is based on fact?

I believe, it is not DJI-s fault. They tried and do have some Android devices on compatibility list, but even they can not make clear picture and no jerks. This is due to Android being inferior to Apple in terms of hardware/software issues when it comes to process real time Video. After seeing how DJI behaves with Apple, I just forgot about Android at all. The difference is very clear.

I would do two things before sending it back. 1) check the images from the SD card. 2) try a different phone or tablet.

I would do two things before sending it back. 1) check the images from the SD card. 2) try a different phone or tablet.
Phone or tablet pics not my problem is what i seeing on high end 4k 55 inch tv that i notice the defects, on small phone screen i see no problems and i tried 3 different high end sd cards in case was them heh...3rd or 4th replacement mavic due any day....fingers crossed as i not sure who most annoyed, me or shop thats replacing them lol

Ok, what a headache. I would be annoyed! But what a fun device. May your next mavic be perfect in every way.

Thanks...call me stupid but theres nothing on the market i would rather have...so if takes me 50 exchanges to get one perfect thats wot i gonna do lol

I just received my MP today and I wasn't getting much in the way of video on my iPhone 7--there was some garbled junk at the very top and the screen was mostly green. After some fretting and searching, I thought to kill off all of the other apps running on my phone (there were at least a dozen) and then things cleaned up. The video was going fine to the SD card; the phone was just too CPU-saturated to be able to display it. Now it's quite lovely...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead