DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Ate My SD Card

daisy-girl

Reactions
Does retrieval require sending it to DJI, or can I retrieve it myself by removing the bottom screws?

Will removing the bottom screws void the warranty/DJI Care/Refresh?

If I send it in, will I get the same aircraft back?

If you mean your SD card disappeared too far into the slot to be retrieved then yes send it into DJI or an authorized dealer that does repairs. If you open up your MP your warranty will most likely be void.

If you mean your SD card disappeared too far into the slot to be retrieved

Yes, that's what I mean

then yes send it into DJI or an authorized dealer that does repairs.

I've already made a request to DJI support

If you open up your MP your warranty will most likely be void.

Agreed. My main concern is to get the same aircraft back as it is otherwise perfect.

UPDATE: I've been advised that the memory card reader is on the motherboard, which means the motherboard will need replacement. I'm not going to elect express repair as it is a spare aircraft, and I am in no rush to get it back -- not if that means they will send me a different aircraft, as this one is otherwise perfect.

Last edited:
I sent mine to Southern Cal with a bad gyro sensor and got the same one back fixed, pretty quickly, too.

Where I have always called and sent stuff and never had any issues there .
Well my Phantoms .

How may I be certain it's the same one?
Take the battery out, and you will see the Mavic label with an individualized QR code sticker and underneath SN with a big long number. It is probably on your Mavic box, too, if you still have it. You could magic marker write your FAA number and/or phone number on the MP body or in the battery cavity which would make it more likely DJI would want to fix yours. But I would think if it is a straightforward fix, like replacing pc boards, it would be most cost effective to repair it.

Last edited:
Take the battery out, and you will see the Mavic label with an individualized QR code sticker and underneath SN with a big long number. It is probably on your Mavic box, too, if you still have it.

Yes, I still have the box.

You could magic marker write your FAA number and/or phone number on the MP body or in the battery cavity which would make it more likely DJI would want to fix yours.

That's a good suggestion. Thank you.

But I would think if it is a straightforward fix, like replacing pc boards, it would be most cost effective to repair it.

That's what I'm also thinking, especially after reading Larry M's experience (I'm in Southern California).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15