DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic pro batteries

steveharris1960

Reactions
has anyone found a difference in dji mavic pro batteries, aftermarket as opposed to dji?
beside the price.. concerned on flight time and general reliance.
thanks!!!

From posts in some of the many threads on the forum regarding this, the feedback is the PowerExtra batteries perform quite well, with some little things that may bug people.

Some search threads . . .

Risky I guess, but what choice will pilots of M1P / MPP have sometime when their batteries are disappeared totally from the market ?
That time is here in most places, some retailers in some location may still have some OEM, so worth looking around sooner, rather than later.

Reactions: umanbean
I had a few after market batteries and had swelling issues. in all fairness, that may have happened to DJI ones as i had them in my carry box, fully charged, in the trunk of my car in Texas heat. One of the AM batteries did have one of the side clips fail (fell out), fortunately for me it fell out at my desk.

in all fairness, that may have happened to DJI ones as i had them in my carry box, fully charged, in the trunk of my car in Texas heat. O
Yessir, that happened to me with DJI P3P batts... I went on a service call to fix a computer, planned on going to a location to fly later so had 3 fully charged and left them in the work van on a hot sunny south Georgia day. I expected to only be a few minutes on the call, but the customer had other issues and two co-workers asked me to do some other work also.

I got busy and completely FORGOT the drone in the van!

One brain-fart = 3 swelled, useless OEM batteries!!!

well it seems that the batteries overheat and swell, regardless of in use or not.
i was out recently flying in texas temps, and after two bats came in swollen, i called it quits.
yep, heat kills them.

On the other hand keeping them cool certainly prolongs their life -

My three batts are now more than 3 years old and still OK. It has been cool to cold here in South Australia for the past 4 - 5 Months.

I also use a coffee can lids to support chargers and batteries when charging - acts like heat sinks. Using laser thermometer shows up to 10 degrees cooler than without - easy fix!!

I like that coffee lid thing and will try it the next time i do some charging. Steve, where in Houston are you? Let me know if you want to go flying sometime. I am in Pearland

On the other hand keeping them cool certainly prolongs their life -

My three batts are now more than 3 years old and still OK. It has been cool to cold here in South Australia for the past 4 - 5 Months.

I also use a coffee can lids to support chargers and batteries when charging - acts like heat sinks. Using laser thermometer shows up to 10 degrees cooler than without - easy fix!!
GREAT tip! Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy