DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

ok you got 37 min hover, did you test flying around from about 5 - 10 mile per hour, cause all drones get better time flying then working hard in a hover, you should get over 40's easy, can you write down specs of your mod for everyone,
1. lipo or lipos
2. mount
3. connecto
4. mod or type
etc....
etc...
Hey! Again the question: does your direct battery mod work?

Same here, modded battery with 1800mah turnigy bolt, less then stock flight times.
8e446b62d77d9739503cb20874c5e8b0.jpg
Yep. Remember that one.
I will measure voltage tonight. Im afraid my theory could be an issue.

You guys need to leave them batteries alone and just stick to the regular way of modding these things. I've got my battery clip and batteries on order right now. I'm gonna start out with 1300mAh's and see how well they do.
If everyone left everthing alone you would not have a battery clip, boosters of upgrade antenna to start with. Probably not even a mavic..

You guys need to leave them batteries alone and just stick to the regular way of modding these things. I've got my battery clip and batteries on order right now. I'm gonna start out with 1300mAh's and see how well they do.

Half the fun is hacking and testing. I don’t think there is a regular way to mod these things, regular is not modding and leaving stock .. that’s boring lol

You mean to measure it with battery plugged into mavic?
Besides, have no meter...will borrow one tomorrow.
In the mean time: anyone with a working battery mod?
Edit: this is a smart battery right? Do these cells individually have a "signature" ? As in: Mavic is asking, battery is delivering. So when mavic asks, the main batt delivers from the cells it "knows".
If the external is plugged in after the battery you just force-feed and the main still delivers but not as much as before cause mavic is also receiving from external, you get load-sharing and they drain parallel.
When the external is plugged before the battery "smart part" the main delivers from its own cells since the externals are not known, they do not have a compatible "signature" making it a dumb battery. All it does is trying to charge the main, reason why there is some drain. But in this short time it cannot keep up charging and main runs out before. The charging does not help much cause the extra weight and drag...
All the above assuming that solder is ok
Just a minor brainfart, really late. Should be sleeping.
Oh and: the main does not switch off cause it is being charged before the smart part..it parasites without knowing. Egad! Almost sounds plausible.
There is a reason that the stock connector has multiple pins. If the connection could have been satisfactory with only 2 pins the manufacturer would have done so. They don't waste money on useless connectors. I asked for a schematic of the connector many posts ago and was given info that the batteries are wired in parallel. Wrong they are in series. I believe each cell has a small wire to send info to the Mavics mother board. That is the only way individual cell voltages could be viewed when battery info is selected from the Mavic APP info.
All that is being done on this mod is connecting (2) 3 cell battery series packs in parallel with no individual single cell info from the added pack :eek:.
Unless the stock voltage gets boosted by the added stock batteries individual cells the info to the Mavic could be useless :confused:.

There is a reason that the stock connector has multiple pins. If the connection could have been satisfactory with only 2 pins the manufacturer would have done so. They don't waste money on useless connectors. I asked for a schematic of the connector many posts ago and was given info that the batteries are wired in parallel. Wrong they are in series. I believe each cell has a small wire to send info to the Mavics mother board. That is the only way individual cell voltages could be viewed when battery info is selected from the Mavic APP info.
All that is being done on this mod is connecting (2) 3 cell battery series packs in parallel with no individual single cell info from the added pack :eek:.
Unless the stock voltage gets boosted by the added stock batteries individual cells the info to the Mavic could be useless :confused:.
That my friend is my theory rephrased..
I measure the main batt voltage xt60. 12.99v, switched on or off does not matter. The solder is good. The mod does not work. No one confirms a working direct battery mod at this time, meaning:
Please stop modding the battery itself until it is proven it does work.
The batteries did not suffer from this except the holes..need 3 battery wraps to cover the screwup now.
My apologies to whomever was inspired to mod this way, i just elaborated on an existing one and assumed it works. Note assumed includes the word ***..

That my friend is my theory rephrased..
I measure the main batt voltage xt60. 12.99v, switched on or off does not matter. The solder is good. The mod does not work. No one confirms a working direct battery mod at this time, meaning:
Please stop modding the battery itself until it is proven it does work.
The batteries did not suffer from this except the holes..need 3 battery wraps to cover the screwup now.
My apologies to whomever was inspired to mod this way, i just elaborated on an existing one and assumed it works. Note assumed includes the word ***..
Exactly what I thought long ago. I don't need a longer run to get in trouble anyway ;). Yesterday I was in the air for a total of 2-1/2 hours using 8 batteries with 2 Mavics. Long enough for this camper :).

so in theory, if you spliced in the balance plugs as well .. then it should balance things out, as its getting the overall voltage? I know that Horizon Antennas some time back (for p3?) argued that this was the best way to achieve results from a modded battery, not just the power plug but balance leads as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk