DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Camera and Gimbal Unresponsive - Frustrating

NeillWatson

Reactions
My first post here and I'm sorry that this is really long winded and I hope someone can help.

I have a DJi Mavin Pro, that belonged to a friend. They grew bored with it so I have a 'long loan' of it.

Picked it up a couple of months ago, I had used it before without issue, so I simply checked battery charge, SD card presence and headed out as I was away for a few days.

Booting up, the camera was out of focus and unresponsive, though the drone flew perfectly. I returned frustrated to the hotel, looked up all sorts of online discussions.

Eventually, I updated all of the firmware, still nothing.

Eventually got it up and running, a combination of updating firmware and using a brand new Sandisk SD card, formatted in the drone.

The thing performed absolutely fine, great footage, very stable.

Parked it up a few weeks and went to use it again, exactly the same issues all over again.

Symptoms are:

Camera and gimbal unresponsive, though gimbal does start up as it should and centres just fine, performs fine when in flight, with no lost horizon etc.

Gimbal will not respond to tilt down command

Camera is out of focus.

When told to format card, it says No SD Card

Camera signal often drops, resulting in blank screen, with warning "No Image Transmission Signal", even when I'm just a few feet from it.

It's massively frustrating as I managed to get it up and running fine before, but now it's the same regardless.

Right now, I'm just glad I didn't buy it.

Phone is iPhone 7 Plus, it that has any relevance.

As far as I know it's never hit the ground hard, the fact that I have had it up and running previously when in my care proves that, i imagine.

Any suggestions on trying to diagnose are massively helpful.

Neill W

When you state that the gimbal does not respond to the tilt-down command, is that using the left wheel on the RC or the slider on Go 4? Try unplugging the iPhone and using the RC wheel. If successful, that would verify correct communication between the RC and AC and point to other possibilities like Go 4, cable connection, phone issues, etc.

For your camera issues, try:
• Using a different cable. The USB data cable for your phone should be okay. Unplug the short cable from the RC when using a USB cable.
• Reinstalling Go 4. A background Go 4 update might have installed a version that does not work for you. More common with Android but has happened with iDevices.
• Shut down other apps, free up memory, put the phone in airplane mode.

When you state that the gimbal does not respond to the tilt-down command, is that using the left wheel on the RC or the slider on Go 4? Try unplugging the iPhone and using the RC wheel. If successful, that would verify correct communication between the RC and AC and point to other possibilities like Go 4, cable connection, phone issues, etc.

For your camera issues, try:
• Using a different cable. The USB data cable for your phone should be okay. Unplug the short cable from the RC when using a USB cable.
• Reinstalling Go 4. A background Go 4 update might have installed a version that does not work for you. More common with Android but has happened with iDevices.
• Shut down other apps, free up memory, put the phone in airplane mode.

Many thanks for the fast response everyone, it's much appreciated.

I seem to recall trying a different cable, but I will try that again.
I get your thinking behind it. Will work my way through that list tomorrow (I'm UK time) and will report back on what I find.

Let's hope we can get it back on it's feet!

NW

Many thanks for the fast response everyone, it's much appreciated.

I seem to recall trying a different cable, but I will try that again.
I get your thinking behind it. Will work my way through that list tomorrow (I'm UK time) and will report back on what I find.

Let's hope we can get it back on it's feet!

NW

Try plugging a cable on the bottom USB port, might work. Also make sure you disconnect the cable on the side otherwise the bottom USB port won’t work.

So just reporting back, thanks for everyone's suggestions.

Partial success, it's back up and running, working correctly.

So far, I tracked it down to the App. I removed the DJI App from the iPhone, together with some other older DJI apps. This solved the problem. Gimbal and camera now operating fine, SD card visible and able to be formatted.

Only issue is that on several occasions when booting up, the symptom returned and it needed a restart.

Additionally, there' a software update that downloaded to the iPhone, but the install will not complete.

Working on it....

Neill W

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy