DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Compass issue - any ideas

MVP-PDX1

Reactions
Every time I fire up my mavic pro, I’m prompted to recalibrate the compass. I do so and everything is fine. But once I power cycle, it asks me to calibrate again. I’ve performed calibration from my computer too. In the litchi app is says “compass error. Aircraft Restart required”

Not had any event leading up to it. No hard landings or anything unusual.

Every time I fire up my mavic pro, I’m prompted to recalibrate the compass. I do so and everything is fine. But once I power cycle, it asks me to calibrate again. I’ve performed calibration from my computer too. In the litchi app is says “compass error. Aircraft Restart required”

Not had any event leading up to it. No hard landings or anything unusual.
Is the compas indicating north correctly? If not, you may need to degaus the aircraft.

Hi.

I have the same problem with my Air. Every time I have to calibrate the compass. I have flown in different locations since I brought it, and even different countries. All the time (or so I guess) it’s been away from anything that could cause magnetic interference.

I only have to do it once. If I turn the drone off and back on, the compass is fine.

No heavy landings etc, no attachments.

Is the compas indicating north correctly? If not, you may need to degaus the aircraft.

I’ll check and see. Flying at different places all the time, same problem everywhere. Have not had any inflight issues with direction this far.

Any new blutooth watches, accessories nearby? You said "every time", so is that like from day one?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yubeanboy