DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro forced landing dangerously, DJI avoid responsibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never have issue of my vehicle because the accuracy of indication how far I can travel with my fuel. My car can travel 550 km and I always refuel when the car told me I can only run 30 km which is about 5% of my fuel. I trust DJI like my car. I plan to return home at 20% which is about 4.44 minute fly time but it chose to auto land.

Right but those calculations change when you go up and down a hill correct? This would be the same if you encounter wind. If your car is new enough it would say how much distance you have left before an empty tank right? Going up a hill will change that number for example.

Yes, going up and down a hill will change the number but the it was an average of km for years of running my car so it is very accurate. The flying time of DJI showed must be also an average of thousands of users so I choose to trust it as well. According to the calculation, there should be still 1-2 minute (or 10% battery) extra time if I return home at 20% without auto land. The auto land kills my aircraft obviously. Check the https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 86&pbc=mF6h4ZTt, many people aircraft killed as well.

So does the cold weather [emoji6]
Hybrids lose a significant amount of MPGs because of the constant need to be up to operating temps (running the gas engine).

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
I can post my flight record

im going to have to call BS on this post. First off not
I can post my flight record

well djimavicprosucks i'm gona have to call bs on this one..

flew way too high for too long
didn't initiate RTH at appropriate time
flew in the wrong direction upon decent
wasn't familiar with auto landing mode

djimavicprosucks only if you suck as a pilot.... sorry, aint buying it

im going to have to call BS on this post. First off not

well djimavicprosucks i'm gona have to call bs on this one..

flew way too high for too long
didn't initiate RTH at appropriate time
flew in the wrong direction upon decent
wasn't familiar with auto landing mode

djimavicprosucks only if you suck as a pilot.... sorry, aint buying it
Let us keep it civil and respectful here.
Thank you,
-d

Reactions: seba368
Not asking you to buy it but asking DJI to be more responsible on this. No matter how high I flew, it should come home at 20% battery not auto landing. flew in the wrong direction upon decent? The video was having some distortion as discussed in https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=5#pid1204965. I was panic enough to look for my drone but not thinking the direction. Even if it's wrong direction I am trying to make it home that's all.

I hope you will experience the same one day.

Thank you,
-d
Thanks. Mad Mavic, you don't have to read this post and comment if you are not happy. All i request is DJI to be more responsible but not solely saying user fault.

I think people here have much sympathy for you loosing your drone. It sucks. Most of us fly in fear of doing something that causes us to loose our gear. I think the blowback you are getting is because you are blaming DJI. This product is pushing the boundaries of drone tech. You chose to push it to the edge then panicked. We can all sympathize with that. I think we just take issue with using it as a reason to say dji sucks.

In my flight log, I've only found one or two failed to cancel landing (which when I pressed stop button). I have pressed for at least 20-30 times but only showed two. DJI want to destroys the evidence that I try to cancel land as well?

I think people here have much sympathy for you loosing your drone. It sucks. Most of us fly in fear of doing something that causes us to loose our gear. I think the blowback you are getting is because you are blaming DJI. This product is pushing the boundaries of drone tech. You chose to push it to the edge then panicked. We can all sympathize with that. I think we just take issue with using it as a reason to say dji sucks.

Yes i apologize for that. How can I change my user name?

I'm grieving for that because i have contact with them many times and slow response, only said it's user misoperation. I provided evidence and forum of how people desperately wanted the function changed but they still ignored and no response. That's why I'm very frustrated.

Yes i apologize for that. How can I change my user name?

I'm grieving for that because i have contact with them many times and slow response, only said it's user misoperation. I provided evidence and forum of how people desperately wanted the function changed but they still ignored and no response. That's why I'm very frustrated.

Yeah but no matter what anyone tells you, you have it in your mind that you are right. It doesn't matter that everyone here told you that you made a mistake and DJI told you that you made a mistake. We are all wrong and you should just keep telling DJI and everyone here you are right and see how far it gets you.
Yes, going up and down a hill will change the number but the it was an average of km for years of running my car so it is very accurate. The flying time of DJI showed must be also an average of thousands of users so I choose to trust it as well. According to the calculation, there should be still 1-2 minute (or 10% battery) extra time if I return home at 20% without auto land. The auto land kills my aircraft obviously. Check the https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 86&pbc=mF6h4ZTt, many people aircraft killed as well.

Average is just that, an average, it is not 100 percent, each time you do something it changes a bit and you get your average, that does not mean it will be exact every time

It didn’t respond to your input for cancellation because it only had enough power to land where it had to.
If you run out of gas in your car, it’s going to stop where it’s out no matter how many times you push the gas pedal.
Your Drone did what it was programmed to do.

Thank you,
-d
I think everyone is trying to be but it is turning bad quick due to the fact that no matter what anyone says, there
It didn’t respond to your input for cancellation because it only had enough power to land where it had to.
If you run out of gas in your car, it’s going to stop where it’s out no matter how many times you push the gas pedal.
Your Drone did what it was programmed to do.

We are beating the heck out of a dead horse... For sure.... No matter what anyone says, he has an argument for it, even if it is incorrect.

Reactions: Kilrah
Yeah but no matter what anyone tells you, you have it in your mind that you are right. It doesn't matter that everyone here told you that you made a mistake and DJI told you that you made a mistake. We are all wrong and you should just keep telling DJI and everyone here you are right and see how far it gets you.

That's what I'm trying. I'm trying in DJI forum as well to get their attention. It's not only a single incident but many has happened. In forums or Youtube.

Average is just that, an average, it is not 100 percent, each time you do something it changes a bit and you get your average, that does not mean it will be exact every time

I'm not pushing the limit to zero, my limit is always 10-20%. What's the point if it cannot reach that limit? might as well change the 20% to 0%.

No, at 20% it forces landing, never giving me the chance of coming home. I was planing to call home at 20% but it's already forced landing.

You are angry and in denial. You messed up. We all do. But you are transferring your anger to DJI, when this is your fault. You flew too high and too long. The battery could not do what you asked it to do. Frankly, I get nervous at around 40% battery. It's leaving a margin for error, and you left none. While you admit you made mistakes you can't leave it at that. You really should learn from the experience (which you most definitely do not seem to be doing) and move on. As someone who is a private pilot let me tell you that small details can bite. As we say, there are old pilots and bold pilots, but no old,bold pilots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23