DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro has arrived, with a loose part

Mine snapped to but I don't think I will return mine because all it does is hook into the gimbal lock and because it is so small I'm pretty sure it will do the same thing again because it is a very thin piece of plastic and it doesn't serve any other purpose by the looks of it other than to cover that wire which it doesn't do very well anyways.

The gimbal is very fragile. If you're not going to get it fixed, you should probably at least figure out another way to secure it.

Reactions: willhay555
I looked at my newly arrived MP very closely and thankfully that piece is just fine. Maybe I'm wrong, but looking at it very closely, it seems like it is nothing particularly vital at all. Seems like just a bit of protection for the short bit of exposed wire running to the one BL motor. If you return to earth badly enough to damage the back side of the gimbal, then you will have many other serious problems that make this little broken cover seem insignificant.

I looked at my newly arrived MP very closely and thankfully that piece is just fine. Maybe I'm wrong, but looking at it very closely, it seems like it is nothing particularly vital at all. Seems like just a bit of protection for the short bit of exposed wire running to the one BL motor. If you return to earth badly enough to damage the back side of the gimbal, then you will have many other serious problems that make this little broken cover seem insignificant.
It may well be insignificant, but who's to know what other damage has been caused if this happened during shipping.

Cheers, but for a four figure sum I'd rather not take the risk.

Sent from my D6603 using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: BadBob
I'm sorry, I'm at a loss as to how that fixes the broken part :)

It's just another means of holding the gimbal in place for transportation - the little circle of plastic would still be broken, just means the gimbal can be 'clamped' (which you obviously can't do with that piece broken off)

I am glad someone else see's my point and understands it, I know this thing is expensive because obviously I paid for mine too but to send it back for that tiny thing does seem a little extreme to me.
I'm sorry, I'm at a loss as to how that fixes the broken part :)

it doesn't fix the part necessarily but does make it so you can safely store it without worrying about the gimbal and is better than the original hard plastic piece that caused it to brake in the first place.

I am glad someone else see's my point and understands it, I know this thing is expensive because obviously I paid for mine too but to send it back for that tiny thing does seem a little extreme to me.

it doesn't fix the part necessarily but does make it so you can safely store it without worrying about the gimbal and is better than the original hard plastic piece that caused it to brake in the first place.

I see your point, I just don't agree.

You decide to keep it, albeit slightly broken, but unbeknown to you the gimbal, given how delicate it is, isn't working properly.

You don't know this so fly it.

It isn't right and you send it back.

Ah, they say, this part is cracked they say, you've obviously crashed it.

Your warranty doesn't cover that.

Good luck with that, friend, DJI clearly have nothing but love for their customers [emoji106]

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
I don't think so. That wouldn't cause what I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Look, I'm not here to argue.

People can do what they like but my package was drowning in bubblewrap yet the box was creased and a part was broken.

I'm not going to fly this thing damaged out of the box and argue the case afterwards, if I ever have a warranty claim.

The simple fact is that this is not an isolated incident and DJI are not packaging these with sufficient protection for such a fragile component.

Ah - My reply was for a previous message so not related to what you just posted! This Tapatalk app thing doesn't seem to refresh the messages properly :(

I agree with you willhay555 - I'm sending mine back. Hey it may not affect anything but possibly could put the gimbal out of balance very slightly. Also it will affect the resale if you come to sell it soon - so why not send it back? I want a 100% perfect product. DJI are happy to exchange it too. Just got my UPS label to ship back to the Netherlands - it came from a U.K. distribution centre so may take a little extra time to get it back.

I agree with you willhay555 - I'm sending mine back. Hey it may not affect anything but possibly could put the gimbal out of balance very slightly. Also it will affect the resale if you come to sell it soon - so why not send it back? I want a 100% perfect product. DJI are happy to exchange it too. Just got my UPS label to ship back to the Netherlands - it came from a U.K. distribution centre so may take a little extra time to get it back.

I bought a 32.00GBP Syma drone to practise on before the Mavic arrived.

If that had arrived with damage I'd probably have risked it and kept it, but seemingly Syma can package a toy better than DJI can package a high grade aerial camera device!

I may have discovered a simple and free solution to the problem. I placed a lightly wadded up single piece of soft toilet paper inside the bottom of the clear gimbal housing and snapped it in place. It does a very good job of holding the camera in place and acting as a cushion at the same time. So unless you are planning to strap the MP to the tailrack of an offroad motorcycle and race across the desert, I believe it would be just fine.
Try it, you may agree with me (or not);)

I may have discovered a simple and free solution to the problem. I placed a lightly wadded up single piece of soft toilet paper inside the bottom of the clear gimbal housing and snapped it in place. It does a very good job of holding the camera in place and acting as a cushion at the same time. So unless you are planning to strap the MP to the tailrack of an offroad motorcycle and race across the desert, I believe it would be just fine.
Try it, you may agree with me (or not);)
Thanks I will

You're right about the dust particles from the toilet paper. I have a bunch of lint free glasses cleaning cloths that I think will be perfect

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM