DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro has arrived, with a loose part

willhay555

Reactions
The mavic has just arrived.

This [attached] was floating around inside the gimbal cover, does anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• WP_20170123_12_28_35_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170123_12_28_35_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 561
  • WP_20170123_12_28_02_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170123_12_28_02_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 497
It's from the back of the camera. Another member had this same issue the other day. You'll need to contact the seller for a full replacement since it's not possible to just swap out a new camera.

Reactions: willhay555
You know, I think, I hope it's a spare broken part.

It looks like the cover to the side of the gimbal.

So much for QA, eh?

Attachments

• WP_20170123_12_36_52_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20170123_12_36_52_Pro[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 307
:(

That should be part of the gimbal frame, i do not have mine in my hands right now, but i am 100% that that is either the side of the gimbal or the top plate! This is a broken down piece, you should sent back the drone that is for sure!

Another one with quality control issues. This is beginning to feel like the Solo release.

I honestly don't know if I have the energy to go through a return, but who knows what else is wrong with the gimbal.

It's beaten me, I'm weary.

I'll wait for the supplier to respond.

You won't be able to attach the gimbal lock without that piece, so you really don't have any other option.

Same thing happened to me. what a buzzkill. waiting for the packaging label from DJI. just got the drone yesterday

Thats a major bummer. I wonder what causes that. Like if its a manufacturing robot falling out of sync or a person... i hope the mavic 2 gets a full size gimbal/camera setup on it.

I say that because of that guy making 3D printed Mavic Pro "LIKE" body shells and putting all the phantom 3 guts inside of it including the full size gimbal and the video shows it performing identical or better than a P3... fyi you can buy the kit for your p3 on ebay soon. Check out the vids on youtube its crazy

Same thing with my new MP - the drone arrived with the gimbal not correctly seated under the retaining bracket and obviously the gimbal lock has been pushed hard in resulting in that rear gimbal round tab breaking off. I'm just starting the DOA process too.

Same thing with my new MP - the drone arrived with the gimbal not correctly seated under the retaining bracket and obviously the gimbal lock has been pushed hard in resulting in that rear gimbal round tab breaking off. I'm just starting the DOA process too.
This was mine - the plastic tab is still held in place by the metal sticker but has snapped off.
IMG_0351.JPG

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scout Aerial