DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro in hot weather

R_Mark1

Reactions
I live in Australia where temperatures are rising up to 38 degrees celsius , this means the battery temperature is over 46 degrees celsius. Will flying in this weather have any short or long term affects on the drone and is it safe?

The manual should state the operating conditions..
On the other hand is DJI a company based in Shenzhen, which is equally hot in summer ;)

The manual should state the operating conditions..
On the other hand is DJI a company based in Shenzhen, which is equally hot in summer ;)[/QUOTE
I'm just wondering if 40º is the max battery temperature recommended or max outside temperature

Max outside temp. Also it will warn you on your connected phone for too high or too low temperatures

0-40 celcius is the aircraft and camera. 5-40 for the battery.
Prolonged usage at high temperatures isn't good for any electronics. (Edit: When I say prolonged I mean over weeks/months).

If the batteries are truly intelligent they should give you a high temp/shut off warning before they actually shut off mid flight.

As far as long term or shortened battery life I guess only time will tell. I can't imagine DJI has tested gear at length in extreme temperatures.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78