DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Insurance!

The policy I just got today is only for the value of the Mavic & P4P... Full replacement based on the receipts I provided today for each. Covers loss, damage, thief, etc... $60 per year no deductible...
do you mind sending me the contact of your agent? I sent out an email asking for a quote today and never got a response. thanks!
btw how was sandy point? Its usually pretty windy when I'm out there for golf.

They will be emailing me the policy tomorrow. Where are you in MD? Where do you golf ? There was no wind! When I was coming from my house on over the bridge the water was glass! Spent the day flying both birds around the lighthouse. Was hoping to get a good sunset but the **** clouds came in the it was setting....

Reactions: wolfmad
They will be emailing me the policy tomorrow. Where are you in MD? Where do you golf ? There was no wind! When I was coming from my house on over the bridge the water was glass! Spent the day flying both birds around the lighthouse. Was hoping to get a good sunset but the **** clouds came in the it was setting....
im in Baltimore

I had a hell of a time today talking to three State Farm agencies in Virginia before I got one that acknowledged that they could cover drones. Frustrating!

If I don't have homeowners or renters insurance, what do you suggest for liability coverage?

Yea I had all sorts of idiot State Farm offices that were clueless before I found one that had the right answers. It was a joke with some of them.....

I'm curious if this would apply to State Farm in Canada as well? Anyone with experience in Canada getting Drone Insurance (and not as just covered under your house insurance).
I've just sent an email to the local SF insurance fellow in the city but have not heard back as of yet......will report findings.

ALL STATE FARM AGENTS HAVE THEIR OWN UNDERWRITERS AND DISCRETION
As a result many of them will not know about the policy and/or refuse to write it.

Here is a list of agents in each state that have already written UAS policies and are recommended by others:
State Farm UAS Agents

And going off he fact that they have their own discretion... some will not allow claims on your own crash and do not consider it accidental damage. However, others will no problem. If they say they won't cover it in a crash or required a deductible then just find another agent.

ALL STATE FARM AGENTS HAVE THEIR OWN UNDERWRITERS AND DISCRETION
As a result many of them will not know about the policy and/or refuse to write it.

Here is a list of agents in each state that have already written UAS policies and are recommended by others:
State Farm UAS Agents
Wow, although I am in Canada that doesn't stop me in saying well done Geofox :) that must have taken some time and I'm sure others will appreciate it. Just curious, can someone get insurance from a SF agent from a state they do not live in?

I just sent an email to my State Farm agent to ask for details and more info. Interesting to note, I used to have insurance through the AARP plans underwritten by Hartford Ins. When I bought at 1959 GMC pickup to tow my '58 Airstream trailer, Hartford wouldn't insure the truck beyond the "original sticker price" ($2,000)! State Farm was very happy to insure it for the "stated market value" ($14,000). Since then, I added a restored 1964 VW beetle. Then, a year later, out of the blue, Hartford calls to try and get back the business saying, "We CAN insure your classic vehicles". Once burned, twice shy. No thanks, Hartford. Don't trust you now.

Thanks to all who mentioned State Farm as a source for UAV insurance. $60/yr 0 deductible. I have liability through my homeowner's policy. State Farm only covers the Mavic, which is exactly what I was looking for!

Inquired with State Farm about UAV insurance this week here in Massachusetts.
Not possible. Not writing any new (stand alone) policies in Massachusetts.
Agent suggested Chubb or Liberty Mutual.
Also start-up based in NYC 'Verifly', which charges hourly only when you fly !
Expensive ... but convenient.

Thanks to all who mentioned State Farm as a source for UAV insurance. $60/yr 0 deductible. I have liability through my homeowner's policy. State Farm only covers the Mavic, which is exactly what I was looking for!

Double check your Homeowners Policy on Drones. Call and ask. The majority of them exclude drones from the Policy full circle. It's underwritten.

How can you possibly be surprised that people would insure a vehicle...car, aircraft, unmanned, etc.? Crashing your UAV and being out ~$1000 would negatively affect your future flying

Personally I think the liability is the most important. Hit a windscreen on a car on a high way at 75 and cause a 10 car pile up lol. The drone not to concerned about. It's 1 grand but when my car is worth about that well first it would be sold and second I'd drop the full coverage. Not to mention the value of the drone will eventually sink. It's good to have although for avid flyers and especially right now while it's value is up.

My rule with cars although as soon as it's less than 4k ditch the full coverage. Not much point. Obviously this depends on the person and their finances too. But remember you pay for insurance. I just had two surgeries with a deductible of $1200. For 10 years not to bad. But if I was having them often or issues too much money.

For most people I think the recreational guy should just get the DJI Refreshe and AMA Membership. Cheap and provides some coverage. Figure it out when the year is up on the Refreshe as far as a full blow insurance policy.

Very debatable. I used to want AppleCare for everything including my 3k MacBook Pro. Today nope lol. Apple is good on a warranty and off warranty. Not to mention their **** never breaks and they know it.

The drone yeah moving parts, flys. It will break. But the big picture here is the liability and if you can get the comprehensive why not but what does it cost and what will it be worth and how often are you flying etc.

Last edited:
A personal articles policy (PAP) policy is considered a “fire” policy. Under the fire category is home, PAP, and inland marine policies. If there is a claim on any of these policies, it is recorded in Lexus Nexus and does affect your future rating if you intend to get any of those policies started as new business.

So if you smeared your drone on the windshield of a car, would that be a PAP Smear?
Lol!

I've just sent an email to the local SF insurance fellow in the city but have not heard back as of yet......will report findings.

Actually, I called them yesterday. State Farm in Canada was bought out by Desjardin a year or two ago, so they don't follow US State Farm at all.
The agent told me she was going to call an underwriter for a different reason, but would ask about this as well.
I'll see if I get any kind of actual response.

Inquired with State Farm about UAV insurance this week here in Massachusetts.
Not possible. Not writing any new (stand alone) policies in Massachusetts.
Agent suggested Chubb or Liberty Mutual.
Also start-up based in NYC 'Verifly', which charges hourly only when you fly !
Expensive ... but convenient.

Call around. Every agent / underwriter has their own discretion.

Personally I think the liability is the most important. Hit a windscreen on a car on a high way at 75 and cause a 10 car pile up lol. The drone not to concerned about. It's 1 grand but when my car is worth about that well first it would be sold and second I'd drop the full coverage. Not to mention the value of the drone will eventually sink. It's good to have although for avid flyers and especially right now while it's value is up.

My rule with cars although as soon as it's less than 4k ditch the full coverage. Not much point. Obviously this depends on the person and their finances too. But remember you pay for insurance. I just had two surgeries with a deductible of $1200. For 10 years not to bad. But if I was having them often or issues too much money.

For most people I think the recreational guy should just get the DJI Refreshe and AMA Membership. Cheap and provides some coverage. Figure it out when the year is up on the Refreshe as far as a full blow insurance policy.

Very debatable. I used to want AppleCare for everything including my 3k MacBook Pro. Today nope lol. Apple is good on a warranty and off warranty. Not to mention their **** never breaks and they know it.

The drone yeah moving parts, flys. It will break. But the big picture here is the liability and if you can get the comprehensive why not but what does it cost and what will it be worth and how often are you flying etc.

Most homeowners or renturns insurance will cover you as long as you are not using it commercially.

My State farm said it would only cover loss from a fly away or stolen. Not damage to a crash.

Then find another agent. Other people were able to find agents who would write a policy that would cover a crash. What state are you in?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002