DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Insurance!

Gator250

Reactions
Thanks to all who mentioned State Farm as a source for UAV insurance. $60/yr 0 deductible. I have liability through my homeowner's policy. State Farm only covers the Mavic, which is exactly what I was looking for!

Yea after reading about State Farm I have now contacted a few offices local to me in MD and am about to get their insurance.
Thanks all...

Reactions: btucker
Thanks to all who mentioned State Farm as a source for UAV insurance. $60/yr 0 deductible. I have liability through my homeowner's policy. State Farm only covers the Mavic, which is exactly what I was looking for!

Any possibility of uploading a copy of the policy (excluding the Declaration pages)?

Agents will tell you one thing... this policy sometimes reads differently.

I just picked up State Farm insurance today! $60 yr covers both my Mavic and Inspire 2. Waiting for the policy to be sent to me but the agent said 100% Risk 0% deduct, meaning any loss, fly-a-ways, dropped, stolen, lost in water, accidental damage so on. I need to read that policy but the agent said anything that goes wrong...so...its a no brainer if she is correct. I use Verifly for liability coverage.

Oh, and this is just for recreational use not business.

Last edited:
Thanks to the person who started the post I got $50/yearly in NJ by state farm. The agent wasn't even aware of this Personal articles policy for drone till he did some checking. Thanks again

I'm curious if this would apply to State Farm in Canada as well? Anyone with experience in Canada getting Drone Insurance (and not as just covered under your house insurance).

I am kind of surprised how many people are insuring these drones through state farm considering that making claims can negatively affect your future premiums for homeowners, car, ect.

Reactions: AlanTheBeast
Ummmmm not when you don't have any other policies with State Farm other than the drone policy.....

Ummmm... If only your accuracy matched your confidence. This is direct quoted email from an SF agent..

A personal articles policy (PAP) policy is considered a “fire” policy. Under the fire category is home, PAP, and inland marine policies. If there is a claim on any of these policies, it is recorded in Lexus Nexus and does affect your future rating if you intend to get any of those policies started as new business.

With State Farm (I can’t speak for other companies) if you do a PAP claim during a time where you have an existing home policy, it will not affect your rate. As I mentioned before, however, if you start a new home policy, it does have the potential to affect that..

Any claim on any property policy could be considered during underwriting for rating purposes by any carrier, so it’s no different than having an auto claim and then shopping your auto policy after.

LexisNexis is a risk rating bureau, much like Equifax or Transperian handle credit ratings. To say that filing a claim against a SF issued policy won't affect your risk rating with another company would be like saying if you default on your Amex, your credit rating won't suffer for Visa or Mastercard.

Each person's LexisNexis is accessed regularly by much more than the insurer you currently have. Having losses recorded in that database can be significant - especially if you regularly shop for new insurance to obtain the lowest rates.

Last edited:
Reactions: VortexSpin
I am kind of surprised how many people are insuring these drones through state farm considering that making claims can negatively affect your future premiums for homeowners, car, ect.

How can you possibly be surprised that people would insure a vehicle...car, aircraft, unmanned, etc.? Crashing your UAV and being out ~$1000 would negatively affect your future flying

My State farm said it would only cover loss from a fly away or stolen. Not damage to a crash.

It helps people feel better and that's all that matters.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi