DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro lost in Singapore, Central Mall, Clarke Quay

Ewoksoldier

Reactions
Hi, I've just lost my Mavic Pro and the last known location was in front of Central Mall, by the river. Lost it on 29 May 2017 at 22:09hrs.

I will be the happiest person in here if someone found the drone and found this thread. I need a new beginning, and a happy ending. :)

Thank you in advance!

Did it go down while you were flying it or did you leave it there by mistake?
Sorry I left out the details! I was flying it facing forward at an altitude of 20m. It was flying out for just 400+m until the aircraft got disconnected. I knew it was going out of sight but I didn't stop because I was getting some amazing shots (to me at least).

I hope it wasn't heading out over water...

Can you upload a clip to Youtube from your device as to it's last known location?
Unfortunately it was over the river. But I saw the clip and it looked like it was over land just before getting disconnected. Yes I can upload it to YouTube when I get home later. You are referring to the cache video, right?

Unfortunately it was over the river. But I saw the clip and it looked like it was over land just before getting disconnected. Yes I can upload it to YouTube when I get home later. You are referring to the cache video, right?

Yes the cache, because until you find it, you cant get it off of the SD card.

Please get your FLightlog, upload it here (instructions on page), the post the link back here.

The mavic would have started RTH when it lost connection, but depending on your RTH-height, it very well have chrashed into something on the way back.

Well it seems it was definitely over land when you lost contact so probably crashed somewhere on the way home.

I assume you have the RTH set to return to home. It should have goe to 35m (RTH height) and started flying in a straight line back to you.

Couldn't find the actual height of the Employment Pass Services Centre (building in the path) but i guess it is more than 35m.
So chances are it crashed into that building somewhere.

31.05.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Ewoksoldier
Or scratch the Service centre, it might have cleared that. But the Riverwalk Appartments is way higher than 35m (and probably why you lost contact).

Now obstacle avoidance should have prevented it from crashing into a building. But if the Mavic was trying to climb over the Riverwalk Appartments tower, it might just have run out of battery and eventually gone into emergency landing. So actually also possible it landed safely somewhere on the roof of one of those buildings. Would not be easy to find though.RA.gif

Reactions: Ewoksoldier
Or scratch the Service centre, it might have cleared that. But the Riverwalk Appartments is way higher than 35m (and probably why you lost contact).

Now obstacle avoidance should have prevented it from crashing into a building. But if the Mavic was trying to climb over the Riverwalk Appartments tower, it might just have run out of battery and eventually gone into emergency landing. So actually also possible it landed safely somewhere on the roof of one of those buildings. Would not be easy to find though.View attachment 13975
Woah that's some fine detective work. I guess I can try getting someone who has a drone to help me look for it on the rooftops. I really appreciate this!

Woah that's some fine detective work. I guess I can try getting someone who has a drone to help me look for it on the rooftops. I really appreciate this!
Glad to help. Just remember there is a fair amount of uncertainty in this, and others scenarios are also possible.

Would gladly help look for it, but I am leaving Singapore tomorrow, and won't be back until the end of the month. Really hope you can find it.

This is guesswork, but "The Riverwalk" building could be close to 35m in height (any chance you could find out?) .
Assuming the Mavic managed to get over it, there is a tennis court surrounded with a chain-link fence on top of that roof.
I'm guessing the Mavics OA would not be able to detect and avoid a fence like that...

Hi! I'm the other guy who lost his mp in Singapore.

Just FYI, obstacle avoidance systems do not work at night. Judging from your video, you were flying during night time right? It wouldn't have detected anything in this case and most likely just crashed into the nearest obstacle on the way back to rth.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000