DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro owner making problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blades

Reactions
Hello all.. I have moved to the country and can fly my Mavic when ever I want. Here is the problem that I am having. Some one has a Mavic pro in my area and we are talking about maybe 15 homes in a 2 mile area. Well this other Mavic owner has been flying his Mavic into 5 of my neighbors yards for over 6 months and they say he has been 20 and 30 feet off the ground. Also the Mavic owner has been doing this as much as 3 and 4 times a week and even 2 or 3 times a day.

I just moved here and have 10 acres and it's off the main dirt road behind 5 acres and off the main road so you can not see my land from the road at all. I have also had this Mavic owner doing the same thing to me and he was and still is doing it, even when my 3 young teen-aged girls are outside swimming and playing. I talked to the others and they also have young kids. Well I called the police and so have the others. Well the police told me and them to shoot it down. He said we are in the country and people shoot birds, target, ect, all the time and that they would not do anything if said the Mavic was shot down. Well my neighbors have been doing just that but have not got it yet.

I contacted the FAA and they said that they would do nothing and to call the police. Well when the police came out they said if I wanted to file charges that the Mavic owner was Felony trespass and harassment. I have tracked down the Mavic owner from his home flight path and have tried to follow it back to get pictures of the guy/girl/kid doing this. I really do not want to file a report with the police but the others do. On another note I can no longer fly mine around in fear they will now try and shoot my Mavic down. Now they all have bad feelings towards drones. I believe I have found the owner and he said that he does not care and there is nothing you can do about it. He just kept saying prove harassment. I am in Florida and there is a law in the books but it is civil I believe. I have been trying to record him when he comes over my place.

What do you all think I can do or should do? Just think this guy is doing regularly and he will hover at about 40 to 60 feet and circle around. At this point it feels like he is basically spying on me and everything I am doing on my land like I put in a pool and a dog kennel then a garden and so on.
I have never and would not fly close to others homes or land and I always keep moving and stay 300 to 400 ft up.

There are Laws in Florida
HB 1027 // 2017

This law pre-empts local regulation of UAS so that only the Florida Legislature can make laws concerning the use of drones in the state, but allows local governments to enact drone ordinances related to nuisances, voyeurism, harassment, reckless endangerment, property damage, or other illegal acts. This law also prohibits the operation of drones over or near critical infrastructure in most instances, as well as prohibiting the possession or operation of a weaponized UAS.

SB 766 // 2015

This law prohibits the use of a drone to capture an image of privately owned property or the owner, tenant, or occupant of such property without consent if a reasonable expectation of privacy exists.

Reactions: James in the Desert
I have an idiot or two near me that do crap like that with their drones -- makes all of us look bad. My rule of thumb is to fly high and keep moving.
Exactly! That's what I learned from this site when I first got my Mavic.

Reactions: Zyskman78
As a MP owner you would know that at that height/distance his camera annot pick out any detail
Google earth will show more.
Just ignore it.
As a Mavic owner I can say that you can see everything. I took my Mavic up over my pool where my kids were swimming and took video and pictures. I can say even at 300 ft I could see everything but at 60 ft it is very clear. I do not know if the Mavic owner is a pervert or spying or scoping out my 4 wheels or tractor ect. I use the DJI googles and when you watch your videos on the 55inch HDTV you can see even more details. If he was just going over me it would not be a issue but he is not. He will hover for 15 mins then leave and then come back and do it again and on a few occasions he even came back 3 and 4 times in the same afternoon. Why would someone do that. At that point it is not only creepy it is harassment. Also 5 other have called the police and one is a local EMT.

Last edited:
Launch your mavic and tail it back to where it came from. Do the same thing to him every day
Lol Well he comes at random times and sometimes I am not home but I get the call telling me is out side. I have followed him back in the car and with the Mavic but when I am waiting for the gps before taking off he sees what I'm doing and immediately takes off. Everytime He sees me brings out my Mavic he will turn and take off. I actually thought the first time he saw my Mavic he would stop but he even came back later that day.
Also I do not want to do the same thing he is doing because how would that look to the police. He would say look he is doing it also.

As a MP owner you would know that at that height/distance his camera annot pick out any detail
Google earth will show more.
Just ignore it.
You can see a lot of detail. The picture is 400 ft up and a mile away. Now you are saying 60ft up above my kids you can not see anything. I disagree. 26027.jpeg

As a Mavic owner I can say that you can see everything. I took my Mavic up over my pool where my kids were swimming and took video and pictures. I can say even at 300 ft I could see everything but at 60 ft it is very clear. I do not know if the Mavic owner is a pervert or spying or scoping out my 4 wheels or tractor ect. I use the DJI googles and when you watch your videos on the 55inch HDTV you can see even more details. If he was just going over me it would not be a issue but he is not. He will hover for 15 mins then leave and then come back and do it again and on a few occasions he even came back 3 and 4 times in the same afternoon. Why would someone do that. At that point it is not only creepy it is harassment. Also 5 other have called the police and one is a local EMT.
Paint ball gun.

Then there is the whole shooting down aircraft debate.
Which I might point out has held up in court and cost the shooter a fine. So now there is case history to be used against people who shoot at drones.
String a bunch of clear fishing line from trees and stuff. If the mavic gets into that, problem solved!

Paint ball gun.
I have a few of them. But is that the same thing as shooting it down? I do not want to get in trouble but at the same time the police said to and if the guy was doing it at his place he would. I know some of the others are with birdshot. The guy can see when they come out with the gun and they say he will fly up really fast to get out of range. I have seen him do that when I get my Mavic out waiting on gps lock. He can definitely see what we are all doing that's how low and close he gets.

Become strategic. Keep your drone near the door till it gains GPS lock then launch. Make sure your position lights are disabled so they don't catch his attention.

I would also get one of those fisher hook releases and carry a snare net... launch from under an umbrella or tarp tent in a location that is normally unregulated to his normal flight path. My guess is he's using waypoints to quickly ascertain your house.

Once you snare and crash him, quickly turn off his drone so he can't remotely delete his images/ videos. Then wait for him to report his drone as stolen or report capturing the trespassing done.

Then there is the whole shooting down aircraft debate.
Which I might point out has held up in court and cost the shooter a fine. So now there is case history to be used against people who shoot at drones.
String a bunch of clear fishing line from trees and stuff. If the mavic gets into that, problem solved!
I like that idea or use a fishing pole with a sinker may work. Would Or could I get in trouble doing that? I am all for flights over others land but not for hovering low and repeat flights. It's kinda sucks because we could of been friends and fly together sometimes. The guy said that there is no law that can stop him and he said you have to prove damage for harassment and that the pictures and videos had to be posted online to hurt you. So he is just a pervert and playing with him self in front of his computer. I was against any new laws but now I think it is a good idea after dealing with this guy.

Reactions: Taylor1430
How old is this guy ?

Reactions: Blades
Become strategic. Keep your drone near the door till it gains GPS lock then launch. Make sure your position lights are disabled so they don't catch his attention.

I would also get one of those fisher hook releases and carry a snare net... launch from under an umbrella or tarp tent in a location that is normally unregulated to his normal flight path. My guess is he's using waypoints to quickly ascertain your house.

Once you snare and crash him, quickly turn off his drone so he can't remotely delete his images/ videos. Then wait for him to report his drone as stolen or report capturing the trespassing done.
I like that good ideas. I was worrying about keeping the Mavic to close to the house on start up and gps lock and that it may mess up the compass ect. So I would put in the yard grass away from any metal.
It is pretty hard to follow another Mavic when they get a head start even when I know where he is heading and the goggles on. The other thing is the timing. He came almost everyday then he did not come for a week then every day again then he did not show for 2 weeks. Someone said it was because he was out of town at that time. The same someone said he is a contractor for the Navy but he is not in the Navy. Not sure what he does for the Navy but I have seen the 2020 dateline Predator show and I know they catch all types.
I could make a potato gun and load it with something that could get in the props..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_