DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro owner making problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
See if you can find a YouTube channel for this guy. Just search for drone/aerial videos in your neck of the woods. You might be able to find out more about what/why he's shooting, and have video evidence of any privacy laws being broken. I wouldn't call him out on YouTube, but rather spend time downloading his videos (if a channel even exists) to build a case against him. Just a thought...

Last edited:
Well when the police came out they said if I wanted to file charges that the Mavic owner was Felony trespass and harassment. I have tracked down the Mavic owner from his home flight path and have tried to follow it back to get pictures of the guy/girl/kid doing this. I really do not want to file a report with the police but the others do.
Well if you want to get this stopped you all ought to and be done with it .

If he flies 10m off the ground, it's strange that none of you couldn't shoot the drone down. If someone wants to shoot a drone, he doesn't stand in front of its camera, holding the gun and jumping around. You have a pellet gun with a scope, and you cannot shoot a drone flying 10m from ground?

Also, it's strange that police can do nothing to stop him. It seems he's flying legally.

Reactions: Blades
Use distraction. Borrow a shotgun and the next time he flies over, have one of your daughters dance around in the yard while you blow it out of the sky from under cover. The contents of the SD card, assuming he's recording, will help too.

But then again, a "home visit" from a group of concerned neighbours to express their views......

Check this guy on your local sex offender registry. I think Florida has a law about drones and sex offenders. Probably a long shot but who knows.

Would be nice to be able to slow him down to kill his battery on RTH. Shooting down or using fishing line, etc would be in violation of the law (technically)...so do your shooting from under cover...

Last edited:
I'd buy a good vinyl wrap in a nice disctinct colour, orange, white, green, something nice and visible, THEN go and see your neighbours, explain you have coloured yours and if they could kindly not shoot it you'd be grateful. You could always ask for their emails and mail them you will be flying.
Also be aware of the old saying "before you seek revenge, dig two graves". In other words, don't risk your quad trying to sort the fool out. Give him enough rope and he will hang himself.

See if you can find a YouTube channel for this guy. Just search for drone/aerial videos in your neck of the woods. You might be able to find out more about what/why he's shooting, and have video evidence of ant privacy laws being broken. I wouldn't call him out on YouTube, but rather spend time downloading his videos (if a channel even exists) to build a case against him. Just a thought...
Yes I have tried to look for him at YouTube and Facebook ect with No luck.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Well if you want to get this stopped you all ought to and be done with it .
Yes that is why we are getting as much proof as we can. . Now the guy never admitted to me that he is the guy flying and said he does not have one.
But when talking to him he new that the drone has GPS and video and said if someone shoots it down that they would know where it is. Then talked about the law and said there is no law only the privacy law that you had to prove damage. I have no pictures of him flying yet. I have tracked it down to his property many times. As soon as I get him on camera I will file the police report. I really do not want to shoot him down or have to go to the police.

If he flies 10m off the ground, it's strange that none of you couldn't shoot the drone down. If someone wants to shoot a drone, he doesn't stand in front of its camera, holding the gun and jumping around. You have a pellet gun with a scope, and you cannot shoot a drone flying 10m from ground?

Also, it's strange that police can do nothing to stop him. It seems he's flying legally.
I have not shot at it. The others that have tell me that they do not leave their guns lying around outside waiting for him. Remember most of us have kids so that's not a good idea. He comes down low enough to see you run inside and when you come out he will go up and circle. You only know he is doing it if you are outside doing things like swimming or working in the garden and playing with the kids ect. Now it's summer and it's Hot here now. When it was cooler we were outside a lot more and so was the drone. He is very good at flying the Mavic as I have watched him around my place. My trees are about 40 ft tall and I have seen him get below the trees on more then one occasion but he knows the layout pretty good by now.

I'd buy a good vinyl wrap in a nice disctinct colour, orange, white, green, something nice and visible, THEN go and see your neighbours, explain you have coloured yours and if they could kindly not shoot it you'd be grateful. You could always ask for their emails and mail them you will be flying.
Also be aware of the old saying "before you seek revenge, dig two graves". In other words, don't risk your quad trying to sort the fool out. Give him enough rope and he will hang himself.
Yes mine has a wrap and I was going to put orange or yellow on the bottom and they said that would be good so they know it was me. We all now text each other when he is flying. But we all work and go out ect. So it's also a timing thing. The neighbor said that when they would leave for work that he would come but he did not know at the time the mother inlaw was still home and he was right in front of the windows. That was what the mother inlaw said and it was more then one time.

Check this guy on your local arc offender registry. I think Florida has a law about drones and sex offenders. Probably a long shot but who knows.

Would be nice to be able to slow him down to kill his battery on RTH. Shooting down or using fishing line, etc would be in violation of the law (technically)...so do your shooting from under cover...
We did that and he was not but up a few properties north there is one but he is 70 and the trailer is falling apart so I do not that he has any money to waste on a Mavic. Also the area where the Mavic goes is south of his property a good bit. The police also told us he was going to do a check on the guys on the list to make sure they do not own a drone.

Yes that is why we are getting as much proof as we can. . Now the guy never admitted to me that he is the guy flying and said he does not have one.
But when talking to him he new that the drone has GPS and video and said if someone shoots it down that they would know where it is. Then talked about the law and said there is no law only the privacy law that you had to prove damage. I have no pictures of him flying yet. I have tracked it down to his property many times. As soon as I get him on camera I will file the police report. I really do not want to shoot him down or have to go to the police.

Ii would be willing to bet that this suspect is reading on this very forum. Probably commenting on threads concerning privacy, and NFZ's being not his problem.

Ii would be willing to bet that this suspect is reading on this very forum. Probably commenting on threads concerning privacy, and NFZ's being not his problem.
I also thought about that and I did try to search this site for anyone that could be the Mavic owner. We have no official NFZ in this area and that does make it easier to fly. And I no problem looking up and seeing a drone going over as long as they are not hovering over Mr and my kids multiple times and at low hights.

I'm not sure about the US, but in the UK there are only 2 things that are illegal now, 1) flying above 400feet, and 2) keep in visual line of sight. If the visual line of sight is illegal in the US, could you use that to your advantage?

A friend of mine has fishing line strung up to stop the birds from flying in.

That would be double duty to stop them from flying the drone in.

This guy gives everyone a bad name, droners and guys in general

A friend of mine has fishing line strung up to stop the birds from flying in.

That would be double duty to stop them from flying the drone in.

This guy gives everyone a bad name, droners and guys in general
And he is 57, you would expect better from an adult.

And he is 57, you would expect better from an adult.
Honestly and not to offend those who are ..

But I find sometimes the older generation gets a little belligerent and tends to flout the law a bit... The whole idea of back in my day privacy was not an issue, we never had seatbelts, drinking and driving was just the way it's done, I fought in wars to do whatever I wanted on US soil. kinda attitude lol

Now there are many out there who are not that way. And that's great. But we all know many who are like I described above.. And it sucks.

I'm not sure about the US, but in the UK there are only 2 things that are illegal now, 1) flying above 400feet, and 2) keep in visual line of sight. If the visual line of sight is illegal in the US, could you use that to your advantage?
I do know for a fact that he is way out of line if site. But when I mentioned the rules about that he said to me well line of site is 7 miles and you would have to prove it. Then what would the FAA do if anything! They are going after YouTube guys. With out his gps data from the Mavic it's hard to prove. And if I get it down somehow will I then risk getting in trouble. So it makes it very hard to stop his behavior especially when he thinks he's not breaking any laws and he knows you have to prove damage in the privacy case. My kids hear a bee and think it is the drone and all run inside now. It's not that we are doing anything wrong but it is creepy. If we are at the beach or a park well that's a public place and I would not mind and if I did I would leave. I can not leave my own land it's mine and do expect privacy. We do not even get any low flying planes or helicopters.

Reactions: RoadieMunky
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kzenoxx