Mavic Pro Payload

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by Giorgio, Oct 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Giorgio

Giorgio New Member

Does anyone know the Mavic's payload yet?

2. fakbik

fakbik Well-Known Member

I think about 2.5 hamsters or so.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Mavic_Man504, Johnny21 and darkneo like this.
  3. CactusJackSlade

CactusJackSlade Well-Known Member

I do not know as I have yet to receive mine... but if you look at the motor/prop/battery combo and the AUW of the Mavic I bet it would lift 200-300 grams and still "fly". What do you want to attach?

Keep in mind every bit of weight will directly translate into lower flight times... and possibly over working (over heating) the motors and other electronics.

4. kmaluo

kmaluo Well-Known Member

I swear it could lift a kilogram. Maybe it won't be graceful in the air, but your should feel the pull it has when you try to hand catch it under the sonar sensors. I might try to put myself on a scale and see how light I become when it's pulling on me. Lol.

5. RinZ

RinZ Guest

LOL

6. devinrhall

devinrhall Well-Known Member

i took my newborn on a flight today on mine...was very short and didn't even go over 100 feet...i used tripod mode so it was more stable for him...he's an easy 7 pounds id say...i don't know what was going through his head but he didn't seem to like it so i brought it down after about 10 mins of flight and it seemed to make the mavic very hot during flight

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Chip D likes this.
  7. dmyers7

dmyers7 New Member

On a serious note, a payload on a $1000 quad, what are thinking of carrying and putting your investment at risk? Why not build a purpose built DIY platform for much less?

8. devinrhall

yeah and by the way my post is obviously a joke i don't even have to say that...i mean unless ur planning to for some reason velcro another camera to it which i wouldn't know why...i would not try carrying anything short of a letter on string and wouldn't even do that...a gust of wind will put that string into your props and 1000 dollars or more just crashed and burned...id just fly it as is...if u want something that can take a load buy a cheap racer for like 200 dollars...the mavic isn't for that

9. Morgon

Morgon Active Member

It's really annoying and alarming how many posts I've seen on various forums asking about payloads and distance. Stop making the case for FAA overreach. This isn't a toy for carrying **** around across town.

If you need something that can carry, go build yourself a hex or an octo - they are the only units that have the proper stability to carry anything heavier than a flag.

kmaluo likes this.
  10. CactusJackSlade

CactusJackSlade Well-Known Member

The distance thing, yeah, agreed.... but I translate better distance into better penetration through trees etc. I personally am not that interested in long distances, just getting away with flying behind that occasional bank of trees or something.

Payload: depending what it is it may not be any big deal. Maybe they just want to add taller landing gear or water floats or something? Maybe some aerial testing equipment?... Maybe they want to dress it up for Halloween? :D He did not say he was going to have as "payload".

The payload would probably have to be non-droppable, I may go against FAA regs.... except for contests at a closed field.... I think I read that somewhere...

11. devinrhall

i just wouldn't do anything with those drone to alter it when it comes to payload unless it really is some type of landing gear...like legs so the gimbal won't hit the ground and so on...i was just joking i hope i didn't offend...it's a video platform...if u want something to deliver a letter buy a little drone from walmart...other than that this mavic is just not made for it...i wouldn't suggest doing anything else with it than what it's made for with the price...but a 50 dollar syma and beat it to **** lol...but this mavic...man just have fun with it...im telling you this will be a fun drone...not much different than the phantom 4 besides portability and better sensing...take it easy with it especially being new hardware and software still being developed and updated...get your money's worth...don't crash it down testing its limits...unless you have the money for another which i don't...in that case test its sensors to the max and let us know what all they can do lol

12. TheLightSpeed!

TheLightSpeed! Well-Known Member

You guys want to me test?

13. devinrhall

testing is on you man...just don't do anything you don't want to do and aren't willing to pay for...enjoy the mavic...don't be a guinea pig lol...take your time with it...don't do anything you're not comfortable with or anything you think will risk your mavic from being destroyed...you just got it...enjoy it