DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Payload

I do not know as I have yet to receive mine... but if you look at the motor/prop/battery combo and the AUW of the Mavic I bet it would lift 200-300 grams and still "fly". What do you want to attach?

Keep in mind every bit of weight will directly translate into lower flight times... and possibly over working (over heating) the motors and other electronics.

I swear it could lift a kilogram. Maybe it won't be graceful in the air, but your should feel the pull it has when you try to hand catch it under the sonar sensors. I might try to put myself on a scale and see how light I become when it's pulling on me. Lol.

i took my newborn on a flight today on mine...was very short and didn't even go over 100 feet...i used tripod mode so it was more stable for him...he's an easy 7 pounds id say...i don't know what was going through his head but he didn't seem to like it so i brought it down after about 10 mins of flight and it seemed to make the mavic very hot during flight

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: flydogs and Chip D
On a serious note, a payload on a $1000 quad, what are thinking of carrying and putting your investment at risk? Why not build a purpose built DIY platform for much less?

On a serious note, a payload on a $1000 quad, what are thinking of carrying and putting your investment at risk? Why not build a purpose built DIY platform for much less?

yeah and by the way my post is obviously a joke i don't even have to say that...i mean unless ur planning to for some reason velcro another camera to it which i wouldn't know why...i would not try carrying anything short of a letter on string and wouldn't even do that...a gust of wind will put that string into your props and 1000 dollars or more just crashed and burned...id just fly it as is...if u want something that can take a load buy a cheap racer for like 200 dollars...the mavic isn't for that

It's really annoying and alarming how many posts I've seen on various forums asking about payloads and distance. Stop making the case for FAA overreach. This isn't a toy for carrying **** around across town.

If you need something that can carry, go build yourself a hex or an octo - they are the only units that have the proper stability to carry anything heavier than a flag.

Reactions: kmaluo
It's really annoying and alarming how many posts I've seen on various forums asking about payloads and distance. Stop making the case for FAA overreach. This isn't a toy for carrying **** around across town.

If you need something that can carry, go build yourself a hex or an octo - they are the only units that have the proper stability to carry anything heavier than a flag.

The distance thing, yeah, agreed.... but I translate better distance into better penetration through trees etc. I personally am not that interested in long distances, just getting away with flying behind that occasional bank of trees or something.

Payload: depending what it is it may not be any big deal. Maybe they just want to add taller landing gear or water floats or something? Maybe some aerial testing equipment?... Maybe they want to dress it up for Halloween? :D He did not say he was going to have as "payload".

The payload would probably have to be non-droppable, I may go against FAA regs.... except for contests at a closed field.... I think I read that somewhere...

The distance thing, yeah, agreed.... but I translate better distance into better penetration through trees etc. I personally am not that interested in long distances, just getting away with flying behind that occasional bank of trees or something.

Payload: depending what it is it may not be any big deal. Maybe they just want to add taller landing gear or water floats or something? Maybe some aerial testing equipment?... Maybe they want to dress it up for Halloween? :D He did not say he was going to have as "payload".

The payload would probably have to be non-droppable, I may go against FAA regs.... except for contests at a closed field.... I think I read that somewhere...

i just wouldn't do anything with those drone to alter it when it comes to payload unless it really is some type of landing gear...like legs so the gimbal won't hit the ground and so on...i was just joking i hope i didn't offend...it's a video platform...if u want something to deliver a letter buy a little drone from walmart...other than that this mavic is just not made for it...i wouldn't suggest doing anything else with it than what it's made for with the price...but a 50 dollar syma and beat it to hell lol...but this mavic...man just have fun with it...im telling you this will be a fun drone...not much different than the phantom 4 besides portability and better sensing...take it easy with it especially being new hardware and software still being developed and updated...get your money's worth...don't crash it down testing its limits...unless you have the money for another which i don't...in that case test its sensors to the max and let us know what all they can do lol

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
You guys want to me test?

testing is on you man...just don't do anything you don't want to do and aren't willing to pay for...enjoy the mavic...don't be a guinea pig lol...take your time with it...don't do anything you're not comfortable with or anything you think will risk your mavic from being destroyed...you just got it...enjoy it

I found this thread via Google because I was looking it up. This will be my first drone (when it gets here). I've watched a lot of videos lately and a few where people have had unintended water landings either because they lost control or because they didn't make it back (ran out of battery). I'm interested in payload because I'm thinking of developing some kind of emergency Floatation system for a controlled ditch (something I never plan on doing intentionally). The setup I've got in mind will weigh less than 20oz (probably closer to 12).

This guy already tested it. He took a fish scale and secured it to the ground and used a string to attach to the Mavic and then launched and went full throttle up. Measured 2 lb 3 oz.

Having said that, wouldn't recommend it!

whatever you hang from the underside - how would you avoid it triggering the VPS/sonar? If it saw whatever it is, it may go throttle up thinking it's too close to ground, and shoot for the moon. Maybe attach a popsicle stick to the center of the top (in the 1" space where the blades don't overlap) and put a small table on top? you go first.

Most of the system would hang off the back of the drone and lines run along the sides and down the arms. Nothing should cover the sensor until the system is deployed during ditching (water activated).

How hot does that heat synch get after a long flight?

Don't know about during flight, but just sitting on the table with it on, it gets pretty warm - warm enough to trigger the internal fan. I also don't know what angle the VPS cameras/sonar detect, but whatever is in it's view doesn't have to be super close... Holding your hand 18" beneath the unit will cause it to throttle up to increase clearance.

Basically I'm looking at a water activated system that inflates 4 4"dia buoys mounted below the motors. The mast at the back should submerge to activate the inflator. I'm hoping that the buoys being under the motors when deployed should keep them out of the view of the sensors 2" radius and the arms are >4" long right?

Hey amazon wants to deliver packages with drones flying over people the Walter Whites need a way to deliver there stuff somehow a unregistered drone could make a great way to make some serious money for WW. This is a joke! I’m sure it’s been done or attempted to some point. But seriously I want to know so I can mount a high power LED light to my MPP to get video of abandoned Railway Tunnels and maybe old mines

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143