DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum gimbal shake

Mitch

Reactions
I've flown my MPP a few times. Tested it today with a 9 minute Litchi mission. The gimbal malfunctioned big time in the first part of the attached clip. After stopping the mission and bringing the drone back to launch point, I recalibrated the gimbal, restarted the MPP and re flew the same mission. On the second attempt the gimbal didn't go crazy but, in the 9 minute mission I noticed it shake/shiver 3 different times. Autofocus was off. Wind was non existent. Temperature was 48 degrees. Drone speed was roughly 27-28 mph.

I never noticed this behavior (yet) when flying with the DJI GO app. But, I predominantly fly missions so, I don't have much use for DJI GO.

Also, I get a warning whenever I start Litchi-Aircraft Error Solution: Please restart aircraft, if the problem persists, DJI Support. I've attached a screen shot

Ideas? I'm trying to test this thing as best possible. I bought it from B&H and am still in the exchange window for another new MPP.

996e9ee1b9fc6a2159c8a82b98efa680.jpg

Dropbox - shakeyGimbal.mp4

This doesn't sound like a problem others have encountered. I think you're headed for an exchange.

You are correct unfortunately. But I did give it gallant effort. I refreshed the firmware, recalibrated IMU, compass, gimbal and remote controller. Also reformatted the SD card. I went out today and while traveling around 15 mph straight, after flying for roughly 9 or 10 minutes, the gimbal went crazy again. So, I boxed it up and am shipping it back to where I purchased. They will send me a new product. I hate to do it but, really have no better option.

Here's hoping the next one is bug free....

You are correct unfortunately. But I did give it gallant effort. I refreshed the firmware, recalibrated IMU, compass, gimbal and remote controller. Also reformatted the SD card. I went out today and while traveling around 15 mph straight, after flying for roughly 9 or 10 minutes, the gimbal went crazy again. So, I boxed it up and am shipping it back to where I purchased. They will send me a new product. I hate to do it but, really have no better option.

Here's hoping the next one is bug free....

Thanks for the update.

I sent an email to Litchi support last night after reading some other reported issues (gimbal freaking out) with Mavic Pro earlier in 2017. Again, I'm flying a MPP.

Here is their response:
NOV 30, 2017 | 11:54AM UTC
Litchi replied:
Hi,

You should be ok with iphone 6S and ipad air 2, however you would have to ensure that you are using optimized performance settings as they aren’t extremely powerful device and mavic pro is more demanding than a phantom 4 on the device (see below).
With that being said, we are not sure if the mavic pro platinum is fully supported by the current DJI SDK (the software dji makes available for developers and that Litchi uses). We don’t have one to test/confirm, however it’s possible that DJI will have to make a few modifications in their code before it’s fully compatible (in theory it shouldn’t be needed as mavic pro is very similar to mavic pro platinum however some users have been reporting “aircraft encoder” error which doesn’t happen with a normal mavic pro).

To improve the performance of your mobile device, please follow these guidelines:
- make sure there are no apps running in the background before you start Litchi
- make sure your mobile device is not in power saving mode (has various names on Android; called “Low Power Mode” on iOS)
- enable “Hardware Decoding” in the general settings (iOS only)
- on iOS, disable the setting “Cache Videos”
- make sure “Full HD Stream” is disabled in the camera settings (for Mavic Pro/P4 Pro/P4 Adv/Inspire 2)
- disable the Histogram (camera setting)
- do not use screen recording as that will increase the requirements a lot
- disable Internet (for example switch to airplane mode) to prevent the DJI development kit to continuously send analytics data while you fly
- make sure there are no interferences where you fly

Kind Regards,
Litchi

I've flown my MPP a few times. Tested it today with a 9 minute Litchi mission. The gimbal malfunctioned big time in the first part of the attached clip.

I have the same Problem (and others) with my new MPP. I have the same micro Shakes as yours in the second part of the Video. I´ve also calibrated everthing fine.

I noticed the micro shakes are happening much more often in sports mode when flying curves.

Next Problem ist a "Motor Current Error: Check Probellers". On a 20min flight i get it about 3-4 times.

Next Problem is the Gimbal is panning down automaticly when pushing full throttle forward in sports mode and is not comming upwards again.

Now i am really disappointed about the Quality DJI is delivering here.

Now I send it back to the seller and orderd a new one, hopefully the first one was just a "Monday Product" and the next one is Error Free.

If not i will send it back and give it up.

I have the same Problem (and others) with my new MPP. I have the same micro Shakes as yours in the second part of the Video. I´ve also calibrated everthing fine.

I noticed the micro shakes are happening much more often in sports mode when flying curves.

Next Problem ist a "Motor Current Error: Check Probellers". On a 20min flight i get it about 3-4 times.

Next Problem is the Gimbal is panning down automaticly when pushing full throttle forward in sports mode and is not comming upwards again.

Now i am really disappointed about the Quality DJI is delivering here.

Now I send it back to the seller and orderd a new one, hopefully the first one was just a "Monday Product" and the next one is Error Free.

If not i will send it back and give it up.

As a last resort I would try to refresh the firmware and recalibrate everything to see if that solves anything. Who knows, it might help.

I am also experiencing the same error condition. Just received the MPP on Wednesday, 11/13, from VeryDrone. I calibrated the IMU, compass, and gimbal before taking first flight. Next steps are to reapply firmware and attempt another round of sensor calibrations.

I am also experiencing the same error condition. Just received the MPP on Wednesday, 11/13, from VeryDrone. I calibrated the IMU, compass, and gimbal before taking first flight. Next steps are to reapply firmware and attempt another round of sensor calibrations.

Because of the gimbal gone crazy experience I kept experiencing, i returned it for another. Since receiving the new MPP I've tested but not to the degree as the first. The weather is now much colder hence opportunities to fly are minimized. Thus far I've not yet noticed any micro shakes like the first one. Keep the community posted on your MPP status.

My issue was resolved. It was due to the gimbal being disconnected, on one of it's corners, to the rubber band support system. It's a tiny piece to reconnect and you'll likely need a toothpick or tweezers. I'm happy with the purchase so far.

Reactions: Mitch
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev