DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum Leaked!

A new gen Mavic is coming soon. That's for sure. DJI always pimps the last production batch from a serie with goodies and (extra) gold stripes. Clever consumer marketing though.

Looks fake to me, dodgy font for the platinum logo, gold stripes instead of silver, and just an unclear picture of it on a monitor to go with. If someone got that close to a 'new' mavic pro and took a picture of the box wouldn't they open it and take more pictures?

Literally just bought a Mavic on the classifieds here a couple days ago.. . Wonder what the "upgrades" are

Speaking in hypotheticals (if this leek is true), likely upgrades to the current lineup (IMO):
  • Minor speed improvement (Akin to Inspire 1 vs Inspire 1 V2) - also the reasoning of the prop design change.
  • Dual band support (Watch for an FCC leak for a new Mavic Pro remote).
  • Improved camera sensor and maybe lens.
Tag ~$199USD on top of the current "standard" price.

Are rear crash avoidance sensors out of the question? A better camera is an obvious consideration. Use of larger micro sd cards wouldn't break my heart either. An on-board cache to save settings/ other info would be a welcome addition.

Reactions: SMI
Are rear crash avoidance sensors out of the question? A better camera is an obvious consideration. Use of larger micro sd cards wouldn't break my heart either. An on-board cache to save settings/ other info would be a welcome addition.
Wouldn't rule out additional sensors but I'll tell you that after owning a P4P I quickly came to a realization that the additional rear sensors are pretty useless. Working side sensors would be nice but it's hard to see where they would stash the extra hardware in the current chasis which is pretty slim on unutilized space.

Reactions: Chamanea
Wouldn't rule out additional sensors but I'll tell you that after owning a P4P I quickly came to a realization that the additional rear sensors are pretty useless. Working side sensors would be nice but it's hard to see where they could stash the extra hardware since the current design is pretty slim on unutilized space.

True. I don't know how deep a sensor is... a little bulge would be okay, I think.

Image shows non-standard props??
Yeop, they look cut at the tips for possible noise reduction, but less lift. I for now am not buying the leak. Anyone could fake this. I have only seen a FCC registration for a Mavic Standard. It was thought that DJI would release it, but obviously decided otherwise. If a so called Mavic 2 would be released It would be more extream and have what the pilots wanted. Better Camera, Sensors. I certainty would think the box it came in would be different. Platinum? Not yet!

Reactions: Chamanea
Speaking in hypotheticals (if this leek is true), likely upgrades to the current lineup (IMO):
  • Minor speed improvement (Akin to Inspire 1 vs Inspire 1 V2) - also the reasoning of the prop design change.
  • Dual band support (Watch for an FCC leak for a new Mavic Pro remote).
  • Improved camera sensor and maybe lens.
Tag ~$199USD on top of the current "standard" price.
After some quick googling back in April-May there was an FCC leak of a new Mavic model M1S (Mavic Pro is model M1P). It was assumed that this was a "standard" budget Mavic, but this proved untrue as it never materialized.

Anyway, FCC testing is a tale tale sign of a new uplink/downlink hardware. My bet is they were testing a dual band Mavic.
Yeop, they look cut at the tips for possible noise reduction, but less lift. I for now am not buying the leak. Anyone could fake this. I have only seen a FCC registration for a Mavic Standard. It was thought that DJI would release it, but obviously decided otherwise. If a so called Mavic 2 would be released It would be more extream and have what the pilots wanted. Better Camera, Sensors. I certainty would think the box it came in would be different. Platinum? Not yet!

As stated, the model M1S leak was likely for dual band capability.

The angled prop tips would be useful on faster motors, allowing you to spin at higher rpms with about the same amount noise and tip vortices.

Last edited:
Reactions: BWphoto
If this is/was genuine then surely the platinum would just be a special edition/pack celebrating the original, no real extra features just maybe some new propeller blades and special colour/pack-ins?

Apparently it is true DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Edition Photos & Specification Leaked | DroningON - Drone News and Reviews ?

Doesn't seem to be much of an improvement other than the radio? Props may be the major factor in improving flight time?

That's never cited a credible source. They just say "we received information."

Let's say it is true. 3 min more of flight time and new props that should be interchangeable with the existing Mavic.

That's worth about $10. No thanks!

That's never cited a credible source. They just say "we received information."

Let's say it is true. 3 min more of flight time and new props that should be interchangeable with the existing Mavic.

That's worth about $10. No thanks!

Agree completely (note my ? On the link) :0)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_