DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Spinning Out Of Control

moscupeter

Reactions
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. Just received my Mavic Pro yesterday and is been a very frustrating experience. First I would like to mention that I purchased the fly more option from a large e-bay retailer. The item was advertised as "open box" but never used. I had a ebay coupon and only paid $720 for the package.

Here is the issue:

Drone gets in the air for 5-10 seconds and then starts spinning out of control. I have 2 colleagues that have the same drone and we couldn't figure out what's wrong. The drone is uncontrollable after it takes off, It wont stay in the air for more than 20 seconds.

Can this have something to do with setting or I got a bad unit, has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you!

Any errors? If a stick calibration and an IMU/Compass calibration doesn't fix it, it's time to exchange it for another one.

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. Just received my Mavic Pro yesterday and is been a very frustrating experience. First I would like to mention that I purchased the fly more option from a large e-bay retailer. The item was advertised as "open box" but never used. I had a ebay coupon and only paid $720 for the package.

Here is the issue:

Drone gets in the air for 5-10 seconds and then starts spinning out of control. I have 2 colleagues that have the same drone and we couldn't figure out what's wrong. The drone is uncontrollable after it takes off, It wont stay in the air for more than 20 seconds.

Can this have something to do with setting or I got a bad unit, has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you!
Sounds like a motor issue to me. Is the firmware all up to date?

Here is where to upload your txt. files. There is also a link on how to retrieve the files from your device on that page.

Is it making big circles or just spinning on it axis around and around? Big circles are caused by a compass error. Small spinning circles could be a bad motor or bad prop.

Reactions: Kncues
Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I just bought my Mavic Pro and it seems to have about the same issue. I only tried to fly it once, but it started spinning out of control after lifting off, and less than two feet from the ground. It spins counterclockwise about it's axis at what I would guess to be 60 to 80 rpm. My first flight lasted only about 3 seconds. When I check my Aircraft Status it shows a IMU error and a Gyro1 [no data error], but the IMU calibration fails. I hope you get your issue resolved, as I'm still working on mine.

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I just bought my Mavic Pro and it seems to have about the same issue. I only tried to fly it once, but it started spinning out of control after lifting off, and less than two feet from the ground. It spins counterclockwise about it's axis at what I would guess to be 60 to 80 rpm. My first flight lasted only about 3 seconds. When I check my Aircraft Status it shows a IMU error and a Gyro1 [no data error], but the IMU calibration fails. I hope you get your issue resolved, as I'm still working on mine.

Is there any damage to the Mavic? Were you getting the IMU error before the flight or after the flight?

That's broken - it's almost certainly rotating because of the lack of IMU gyro data.

Is there any damage to the Mavic? Were you getting the IMU error before the flight or after the flight?
Luckily it was in grass and there was no damage to the Mavic at all. I won't try flying it again until the issue is resolved. I am new to the Mavic and didn't notice the IMU error until after the flight, and only by checking the aircraft status. I wish I knew if it was there before the flight, but honestly I don't know. The Go 4 app and the LCD display both said ready to go, so I assumed it was ready for flight. If I power it up even now, it says ready to go, even though there's a IMU and Gyro1 error.

OMG. I am so stupid. I didn't know that the propellers had to be installed a certain way. could this be the reason??? I already sent the drone back.

Reactions: cocolim
OMG. I am so stupid. I didn't know that the propellers had to be installed a certain way. could this be the reason??? I already sent the drone back.
Yes they do have to be installed a certain way, I can't remember if you can actually install them incorrectly on the Pro, or if DJI designed it so you have to do it correctly.

Yes they do have to be installed a certain way, I can't remember if you can actually install them incorrectly on the Pro, or if DJI designed it so you have to do it correctly.

They won't attach to the wrong motors. I don't think that can be the problem. From the previous description it is a broken gyro.

Reactions: Former Member
Reactions: Former Member

Here is the issue:

Thank you!

Since its open box, take off all the props and inspect for one having one of the hook mechanisms broken off and lodged atop the motor. This has happened to me after a minor prop strike slowing down one blade enough to cause it to rotate.

a second event I've experienced causing an uncontrollable spin was one set of blades becoming entangled, causing a violent crash.

An IMU out of calibration could be the cause but I've never experienced such an event. Assuming you're using the GO 4 app, click on the drone icon, then scroll down to sensors. There you can view the health or condition of the various sensors begot takeoff.

Lastly, have you calibrated the controller. Its a long shot, but its possible to get it out of sync. The two sticks on the controller are simply magnets passing over chips. Using the remote you simply tap the remote icon and the top choice is remote controller calibration. The left stick would be suspect for sure.

OK guys we do seem to have a cluster here . It will be kinda hard to clean this other than ignore
Kncues post and stick to the original OP's issue and try and help the other here
First Flight Problem with Mavic Pro . It's ether that or I can delete all back to post 7 .
You guys call on this one . Just tell me what you guys want to do and @Kncues we do try and not jump into someones eles thread .

Reactions: MavicCF and Simmo

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk