DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic recording audio?

Birdman5280

Reactions
All, forgive me if this is a dumb question or if it's been addressed before. I updated the GO4 app and the new firmware (v01.03.0500) today without a hitch, however, I went in and reset the camera settings because I've been unhappy with my last few videos. After I reset the default camera settings and started to record some video I had a pop-up in the GO4 app wanting it to access my microphone. I recorded a test video, low and behold there is sound. Has this always been or is it new?

Edit: Let me clarify, the app is recording sound...not the Mavic itself.

Reactions: dewster and bigworm
All, forgive me if this is a dumb question or if it's been addressed before. I updated the GO4 app and the new firmware (v01.03.0500) today without a hitch, however, I went in and reset the camera settings because I've been unhappy with my last few videos. After I reset the default camera settings and started to record some video I had a pop-up in the GO4 app wanting it to access my microphone. I recorded a test video, low and behold there is sound. Has this always been or is it new?

The recording should be coming from the device you use to host the GO4 app.

Reactions: Birdman5280
That came new with yesterday's update - Version 2.03.2017 ("Added audio recording function while caching video")

It's only in the cached video inside the phone though, not in the videos on the SD card.

It's a new feature of the Go 4 app.

Hmmm. I recorded some vids the other day using my galaxy note4 and I DIDNT get any audio on the recordings and YES the vids I am talking about are the ones my smartphone captured.

I went into the PLAYSTORE and checked and my DJIGO 4 app didn't tell me there was an upgrade available.
.???

When I started recording, the app asked me if I would like to grant microphone access.

I'm on iOS, maybe the function will reach android a bit later.

Has anyone figured a way to toggle this feature off?

Can you download the audio to add it to the actual recording in post production?

Sure, you could just separate the audio track from the cached video and then add it to the video from the card in your editor.

Hi all;

Frantically looking how to do this - BUT, I am guessing I can't 'cause I am on Android!! Correct, or???

Yep another android fail…no idea as to the reason, but the iOS app from DJI definitely gets the premium code.....

****! - But thanks!! Will go beat up on DJI. Last time I mentioned "as advertised" to them (Live Stream on FB for android) - it took them only 4 or 5 days to fix it in the firmware release - cross your fingers...

You guys do know that you can just run the built in voice recorder app on the phone or tablet and do the same thing. Just paste the audio track onto the video in post. It's actually a better method because you can use the higher resolution SD card video and add the track onto that rather than stripping it out of the phones video and then pasting it into the hi-res video.

Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fuckyoupaymenowww