DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic reviews

Platypus

Reactions
I'm shooting a mavic pro review for YouTube tomorrow and just wondered what people would have liked to see in reviews when they where looking!

Thanks for any help

The world doesn't need another mavic pro review...

Reactions: Kestrel
Yea thanks for that (un)helpful answer
We only speak the truth around here. Why don't you go and make an interesting review that hasn't been done 5000 times already. Maybe on something like a 3D mapping software comparison. Seriously, not another mavic review.

I'm shooting a mavic pro review for YouTube tomorrow and just wondered what people would have liked to see in reviews when they where looking!

Thanks for any help
I honestly think we have too many of these, but I prefer to see objective reviews. It's best to get a poll of other consumer's input as well as filter out the nonsense to get a more informed review.

My suggestion would be: go on YouTube and watch one of the hundreds of mavic reviews that are already there and see if you can think of something different or original to put into your review.

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
The main reason I was doing a review was to open the gateway for me to do more mavic pro videos I guess reviews are not necessary I can just make other mavic content

Reactions: Kestrel
If you want to make a review, I say go for it. There's plenty of all kinds of content out there, anything you do will be considered derivative by somebody on the net.

Reactions: Platypus
Go for it but take the advise of others that have posted and watch the 100's already out there and put a new spin on it. Maybe in depth review of all the poor QC issues that DJI over looks....

Thanks for any help

Yes there are so many Mavic reviews out there, but some are already 6 months old. Much has changed since then about the firmware and availability. I wouldnt mind seeing another one, but maybe you can give us an idea of what content you will be focusing on? Mavic for beginners? Mavic for experts? How to take great shots with your Mavic?

I might do one or two on Mavic repairs and long term ownership and related maintenance. I would keep it short because anything more than around 4 minutes gets boring.

Reactions: frankiez
Yea I already have a stron channel audience so I was going to do all sorts of mavic videos from beginners through to pros

Yes there are so many Mavic reviews out there, but some are already 6 months old. Much has changed since then about the firmware and availability. I wouldnt mind seeing another one, but maybe you can give us an idea of what content you will be focusing on? Mavic for beginners? Mavic for experts? How to take great shots with your Mavic?

I might do one or two on Mavic repairs and long term ownership and related maintenance. I would keep it short because anything more than around 4 minutes gets boring.

Or two paragraphs long in a post..... :)

Yea I already have a stron channel audience so I was going to do all sorts of mavic videos from beginners through to pros
Reviews of the Mavic have been beaten to death. If you want an honest opinion on it we are telling you it. When I see the word review next to the word Mavic I skip right past that video.

What we do need are people giving more reviews on specific features like flight modes or reviews on new firmware features. Also debunking myths from fact! The one last weekend on mid air CSC was a great example of that.

Anyway if its the truth you want I just gave it to you.

Rob

Reactions: Kestrel and X424
If you are adamant that you want to do a review I would highly suggest you somehow make sure viewers see that it is on the latest rev of firmware and cover all of the newly released features/functions. There are lots of reviews as everyone has stated but many of them now have outdated/inaccurate information that could steer a new owner in the wrong direction. But who knows how long it will be valid with the rate of firmware updates DJI is pumping out....

Also, read up on the forum and see what questions folks are asking and provide answers by showing them how a function works etc....

Reactions: frankiez
We only speak the truth around here. Why don't you go and make an interesting review that hasn't been done 5000 times already. Maybe on something like a 3D mapping software comparison. Seriously, not another mavic review.

There's a review topic I would like to see more of. There are a couple out there, but very few.

Reactions: X424
The only thing that I could think would be useful is if you read the various forums and look for the topic where most users are having difficulty with and there have been no useful suggestions. For example, if you were able to offer explanations as to why there are so many disconnections and show the results in your videos.

Overview of this thread is that people on this forum are extremely likely to already own a Mavic and probably other drones as well, so a review does nothing for them. The audience OP is asking questions towards will obviously want more in-depth content that will teach them something new, not tell them stuff they already know.

The world doesn't need another mavic pro review...

I agree. For someone looking to get a Mavic and wants to see a review there are a ton of reviews already on the Mavic. Lots of people who were first adopters and testers that DJI sent Mavic's to before release date put reviews on YouTube. Some more in depth than others.

Sorry just my 2cents.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan