DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC Right stick dead

Dannyf73

Reactions
Hi, new to the forum. I owned
My mavic for a month or so. I was fling my mavic and it became unresponsive. I tried both sticks and they wouldn't do anything. I had to use RTH and it came back. I got lucky. The error said EMI2 , manual RTH. I tried to recalibrate the sticks and the right stick will not respond. I chatted with tech support and they said I had to send it in for repairs. Has anybody had this Problem? Is there anyway to fix it without sending it in?. I am on vacation and would love to get some shots from some more beaches. Please help. Thanks in advance. Dan

Hello Dan, welcome to the forum. The sticks on the mavic are not the style most are used to. They us 'hall effect' switches and they work with magnets. If a calibration of the TX doesn't work, you may have no choice but to send it in. All is not lost though, you can switch the Mavic to WiFi and use your device for a controller. Of course your range is limited in WiFi mode but at least you have the option.

Thanks for the help. I was just starting to trust it and became comfortable with it and then.....nothing. thanks for the great idea. LovMyTJ I was so disappointed and never thought about WiFi. You may have saved my vacation. Any idea of the range in WiFi? I have nevery flown it in WiFi mode. Thanks again....Dan

Seems to be pretty good but I would count on less than the specs show. This is from the DJI page...

WI-FI

Operating Frequency 2.4G/5G
Max Transmission Distance 80m(Distance),50m(Height) (Unobstructed, free of interference)
Max Speed 14 km/h (9 mph)
Max Ascent Speed 6.6 ft/s(2 m/s)
Max Descent Speed 3.3 ft/s(1 m/s)

I don't know where your vacationing but did you check to see if there were any DJI authorized repair shops nearby?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottLoucks