DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Speed?

FunN4Lo

Reactions
I have owned several Phantoms. My most recent, a P4P. I am used to the P4P 25mph speed in P mode to get out/back where I want to go.

I just bought a Mavic Pro (original). Top speed in P mode is only 11-12 mph. It screamed 40+ in sport mode. Is there a setting for P mode to increase the top speed?

Thanks as I was about to post mine went twice that fast or thought it did BDOG.I never fly with it so now I know why .

Reactions: BD0G
Whoops you fast there DOG

Hmm... both DJI products with sensors?!? How fast does your Mav fly in P mode with sensors?
Don't fly with them as I stated do not with the 2 ether except when it comes on in different modes .

The P4P flies faster with sensors on.
You should check your Phantom again.
13.5 metres/sec (31 mph) with obstacle avoidance enabled
16 m/s (36 mph) with OA off.

If your Mavic is only making 11-12 mph in P mode, there's something wrong.
It should be faster than that even with OA enabled.
Are you sure you're giving correct numbers?
Maybe reading metres/sec as mph?

You should check your Phantom again.
13.5 metres/sec (31 mph) with obstacle avoidance enabled
16 m/s (36 mph) with OA off.

Take the P4P out of DJI's "ideal conditions" and add in some wind, and no checks needed. Performing as designed

If your Mavic is only making 11-12 mph in P mode, there's something wrong.

Thats what I think, hence the reason for my post

Are you sure you're giving correct numbers?
Yes, hence the reason for my post

Maybe reading metres/sec as mph?

Nope, hence the reason for my post

Wait... whaAat?
I’m sorry do you have a question. I do not fly with OA on .
I keep that off but with the M2P it comes on when doing hypers or POI’s. After I do one I cut it back off.

Take the P4P out of DJI's "ideal conditions" and add in some wind, and no checks needed. Performing as designed
Wind or not, the Phantom flies faster with OA disabled.

If your Mavic is only making 11-12 mph, that's very unusual (unless you are flying into a strong headwind).
The only way to make any intelligent comment beyond this is if you post some flight data.

Here is my flight log. I am flying at an AMA field were I do all of my test n tune. I was just flying around to get the feel of the MP after I set my EXP and YAW rates the way I have on my P4P

You will see a couple of wind warnings. AirData says it was 13.8mph coming from the SSE during the flight. UAV forecast was about the same before take off.

The larger loop I did at only 50ft altitude, because with no forward speed, I was having issues flying at all with the wind speed at altitude. The loop gave me up wind, down wind, and cross wind. With forward throttle pegged for much of that, it wasn't moving very fast, even down wind.

What do you see causing the issue?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-01-22_[14-42-29][1]log.zip
    537.7 KB · Views: 8
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CtrlAltDlt