DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Speed?

Whats all the fus about yes when the sensors are on with the mavic pro they reach a speed of 13 mph thats normal as the sensors were upgraded from p4p as there were many accessions where the sensors failed on the p4p due to the higher speed and older sensors to claim that they are obstacle avoidance by law in most country’s they have to pass certain tests so for the mavic the speed was reduced to get max speed just turn them off

Here is my flight log. I am flying at an AMA field were I do all of my test n tune. I was just flying around to get the feel of the MP after I set my EXP and YAW rates the way I have on my P4P
What do you see causing the issue?
That flight doesn't have any speed above 14.4 mph and you would expect more on that flight path.
There's no immediate cause showing up.
Did you fly before changing exp and yaw settings to see how it flew with stock settings?
I'm not sure how your changes might have slowed the drone but I'd be looking at putting it back to defaults and checking to either confirm or eliminate that from suspicion.
And if you do more speed testing, a straight line with an out and back flight would probably be better

That flight doesn't have any speed above 14.4 mph and you would expect more on that flight path.
There's no immediate cause showing up.
Did you fly before changing exp and yaw settings to see how it flew with stock settings?
I'm not sure how your changes might have slowed the drone but I'd be looking at putting it back to defaults and checking to either confirm or eliminate that from suspicion.
And if you do more speed testing, a straight line with an out and back flight would probably be better

I flew the first time with settings I was trying from memory. Slooooooooow. I reset to factory. Sloooooooooooow. Then I copied my P4P settings. Slooooooooooow

98% of my flying is inspections, so slow is good. But I couldn't get out n back with a little wind like I had in my flight log above. My P4P would laugh at that amount of wind. It would be unnoticeable

The MP screams in sport mode. I guess there is always sport mode for out n back. But something don't seam right

98% of my flying is inspections, so slow is good. But I couldn't get out n back with a little wind like I had in my flight log above
If the drone won't fly faster than 14 mph, something is quite wrong.
Whats all the fus about yes when the sensors are on with the mavic pro they reach a speed of 13 mph ..... to get max speed just turn them off
The flight data indicates that Obstacle Avoidance was disabled so that is eliminated from the suspect list.

If you're only getting 13 MPH, then your Mavic isn't working right. Mine does 24 - 25 MPH in P and over 40 MPH in Sport mode. I can't see turning off the sensors unless you like bashing into stuff head on at 40 MPH.

Mavic Pro - Sport mode - 40 MPH sideways keeping up with cars:

Very nice footage, looks really great . I was wondering whether you could share the video settings you used together with the sport mode.
Thanks a lot.

If you're only getting 13 MPH, then your Mavic isn't working right. Mine does 24 - 25 MPH in P and over 40 MPH in Sport mode. I can't see turning off the sensors unless you like bashing into stuff head on at 40 MPH.

Sensors are disabled in sport mode :oops:

Whoop, whoop speed issue is fixed. I am hitting 19.8 to 20.1mph P mode. Thats a 33% increase from where I was.

Still slower than some have posted. I have looked at tons of Mav vids and logs over the past few days. All have been right at 20mph. If you are claiming faster... it didn't happen.... without flight logs o_O (tail winds don't count)

Whoop, whoop speed issue is fixed. I am hitting 19.8 to 20.1mph P mode. Thats a 33% increase from where I was.

Still slower than some have posted. I have looked at tons of Mav vids and logs over the past few days. All have been right at 20mph. If you are claiming faster... it didn't happen.... without flight logs o_O (tail winds don't count)
What was wrong with it?

I was Googling numerous combos of Mav Pro and P mode speed. I found a few issues related to front sensors. So I decided: why not try a sensor calibration? I have done sensor calibration on my P4P several times after having warning notices. Easy peasy.

But following the blue square around the screen, I kept getting failure point at the same spot on the screen. (that may have been operator error) I gave up for a day. But then the Mav was giving me a sensor error, I didn't have before.

So I started Googling sensor calibration. I found a vid that showed a different method than I used with my P4P. I tried that. I followed the blue squares all around the screen, and got past my failure point, to the completion of the calibration. After the test flight, Mav was back up to full speed

Reactions: Droner1969
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiktoksss