DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic unstable and drifting on its own, whats wrong ?

I have noticed a few things about this thread.
Many users are complaining about drifting but they do not say what device they are using. I am on an I-Pad mini 4 and have had no problems. If you have an Android device check to see if it is supported.
Second the OP stated that his problems started after a crash. With any drone but even more so with a movable are device you must inspect it very closely for damage after a crash. The Mavic is not the sturdiest product around in a crash, a P3 or P4 will take a lot more abuse.

My mavic was behaving perfectly. Stable, no drifting whatsoever. Then, I updated to v1.04 on Sunday (3/5/17). Since then, it's been acting like it's possessed. Vertical drifting (several feet), horizontal movement, etc. It will not stay in one place - even in Beginner Mode/Tripod Mode. I've calibrated the IMU (twice) and the controller, and I'm not sure what else to do. The issue definitely started immediately after grabbing the latest firmware.
Always check your settings after updates. It may be that the forward or downward vision sensors defaulted to the off position. Always check all settings after updates!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna