DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic waterfloats Part2

Dragonfly

Reactions
These are made as a Recovery system incase of disaster should strike and your beloved Mavic is forced to land on water or not make it back to terafirma or crashes above water. Although it can be be used to land on water, its purpose is keep the Mavic on the surface so it can be recovered instead of sinking to the bottom. The complete weight of floats and 3D print attachement is 100 gms and as seen in video part1 has no affect on flight charteristics.
Waterfloats test, landing on water.
All credits to Noel for the 3D prints.

Last edited:
Noel is a friend of mine. He asked me to ask you if it's okay to add this video to the Thingivers site/project?

Does the landing sequence still work? or do you have to manually land it with CSC? Do the floats obstruct the camera in any way?

Currently, my primary planned use if my Mavic ever shows up involves videos of Caribbean reefs.

Obviously, there's nothing that would let a drone land on the ocean's surface without total damage. Even on an extremely calm day, getting a boat close enough to recover it would likely cause it to capsize. On any sort of normal day, wave action would kill it.

What I'm really interested in is recovery, both of the SD card and of the aircraft so I can send its remains in for repair or replacement.

I'll be very interested in seeing how this works out. I'm also very interested in the answer to whether the floats interfere with any sensors or with automatic landing sequence.

These look great, any plans to make them available to buy? I already have pool noodles and a strap to make some but the recent incident with the props hitting the strap have got me thinking that mounting like this with the noodles well clear of the prop discs is much better

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78