DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic went nuts indoors.

Yeah I figured that's what you meant but it's just a pet peeve of mine as I see that description thrown around on all the forums (not just Mavic or DJI for that matter ) and most newbies have no idea of what it takes to control a drone in manual mode . I came from the collective pitch heli world and now electronics have even taken them almost to a hands off hover state from just a decade ago ,lol . I actually would prefer a option in the Mavic to fly in Atti mode as that is a good mode for flying from point A to point B and can even be good for certain camera shots since you don't have to "fight" the GPS from trying to keep it in one spot .

I also cringed earlier when the definition of Manual Mode and ATTI mode were used like they were the same thing. I had the Phantom 1 which by default had a P-Mode and ATTI mode but you could allow MANUAL mode to be set up on the third flight mode switch. Gotta admit I do miss being able to have a MANUAL mode to actually be able to dive the aircraft. Having also come from the CP heli world it always feels like the aircraft is trying to fight in P-Mode and also wish we had a way to toggle into ATTI mode at will. Way easier to get smooth flight/shots when GPS isn't trying to fight your stick inputs.

Reactions: rydfree
Does it affect the battery's life significantly? Sorry haha I spent over a thousand bucks on this and I want to make sure that it's alright. And why did it not record the flight?
To protect your investment, spend some time in the manual and watching a few youtube videos.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter