DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic will not connect

pukeleeland

Reactions
I attempted to do my first flight today and my mavic will not connect. After searching for possible reasons, I am guessing it might be because I cannot download the dji assistant 2 on my new iPad mini 4. After I download the exe file, I get a message where to put it in my iCloud Drive. The exe file is there but I cannot run it. Can someone let me know if I am headed in the right direction. I do have the DJI Go 4 app and ran the required firmware updates.

I know this sounds far fetched...but change the cable/plug you are using...(try one that is at least a 7") from the controller to your iPad Mini....you might just have a bad cable...happened to me...

Reactions: Jaysjob
I thought I had it figured out last night. I connected the remote to the mavic with the USB cable. I guess it didn't get activated the first time I did this even the firmware update went through. Anyway, the mavic connected last but it did not connect tonight when I turned everything on to fly. I could fly the mavic but no video showed up on the iPad mini I am using. I then connected the remote to the mavic again with a USB cable and then the mavic connected. I am pretty sure this is not how it is supposed to go every time I fly. What am I missing or doing wrong?

I thought I had it figured out last night. I connected the remote to the mavic with the USB cable. I guess it didn't get activated the first time I did this even the firmware update went through. Anyway, the mavic connected last but it did not connect tonight when I turned everything on to fly. I could fly the mavic but no video showed up on the iPad mini I am using. I then connected the remote to the mavic again with a USB cable and then the mavic connected. I am pretty sure this is not how it is supposed to go every time I fly. What am I missing or doing wrong?
Are you unplugging the other cable connectors? I had a problem connecting to the larger USB plug that I use for my iPad Mini. I was leaving the plugs for the phone in the controller. In order to enable the bottom USB plug you have to unplug all the other cables on the TX.

Reactions: JDG
Yep. I actually just figured that out last night. I needed to unplug the cable connector for the phone and then the mavic will connect.

Yep. I actually just figured that out last night. I needed to unplug the cable connector for the phone and then the mavic will connect.
Glad that worked for you.

I was not able to connect my new Mavic to the RC that runs with a Google Nexus 6P SW ver 7.1.2
also tried with a Nexus 7 tablet but also failed. Once i turned OFF the WIFI on the phone it connected right away.

I am in the same situation. I just got home after flying 5oo miles away. My mavic controller connects but the tablet wont connect. Everything has been perfect until now.

Really interesting but disheartening. Thanks for your help

using the same cable and plugging the same way. plug unplug. off and on with everything. Very strange. My software is up to date. Only thing different is that my micro card says full. hmmmm

OK hmmm put in new sd card and everything connects fine. Very strange. hjajaja

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan