DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic won't connect to Android Note 5 and controller

thornstein

Reactions
I can't get my android Note 5 to connect to the controller or the Mavic. Just nothing. I downloaded the apple DJI 4.0 app and connected the controller to my ipad. It fired right up and everything connected just fine. Any clues as to why the Android won't connect to anything. Used the DJI 4.0 on it as well. Thank you.

My Note 5 works perfectly, so either you have a bad setting, or a bad port, or a bad cable. Try plugging in a different cable into the bottom of the RC after disconnecting the short one from the side of the Mavic.

Tried that, thank you for the suggestion. Still no connection. When I bring up the app, it just never connects. I may try a frustrating call to DJI support.

Sounds like something with your particular phone. Did you try simply restarting the Note 5? What OS version? Custom ROM? Your phone set to USB Debugging on? What is the bottom port set to when you plug something in? Try changing that setting. After an upgrade I couldnt connect briefly until the bottom port got reset,

Sounds like something with your particular phone. Did you try simply restarting the Note 5? What OS version? Custom ROM? Your phone set to USB Debugging on? What is the bottom port set to when you plug something in? Try changing that setting. After an upgrade I couldnt connect briefly until the bottom port got reset,

Thanks. Yes, tried restarting several times. I'm on Android 6.1, The phone was not set to USB debugging. Should it be? That's in the developer options I believe. The bottom port is set to USB charging.

After powering up the controller the phone should do the "charging" sound, and either start the app by itself or ask you for permission to do so. If you have 2 compatible apps it would show you a choice of which to use.

I would also try deleting and reinstalling the Go 4 app....something may have gotten botched in the process. It should ask you if you want the program to launch automatically when plugged into the RC.

Thanks for the suggestions. I think it's a phone issue with the micro usb port. I connected it to a nexus 7 tablet and it is working with Android. I will try another phone to confirm my suspicion. Thanks again for the help.

I reviewed the DJI forum and the Mavicpiolts forum and followed countless advise on how to connect the DJI Go 4 app to an Android device. I've activated the developer options. I turned on debugging. and It still will not get a connection. the equipment page on the app still says disconnected. I even took off the short cord that attaches to the left of the RC and used my own cord from my charger and attached it to the USB port at the bottom of the RC and i still get no connection.
When I use my wife's iPhone 6 it connects with no issues. I even used my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition and it connects without issue. I'm thinking that there has to be something with my phone that I am not doing. Please any help would be appreciated! I just want to fly my drone without taking my wife's phone or buying an iPad Mini. My tablet works but the video is very slugish. i've also restarted my note 5 and reinstalled the app countless times.

Hi,
I had to call support on my Note 5 because I can no longer look at photos though the editor or log on to DJI's site without the DJI go 4 app restarting. They told me there are Issues between Samsung and DJI they are working on so I have to wait for a fix. The good part was he did walk me though on how to get the USB to connect properly.

You have to enable the "Developer Options" first
Turn on "USB debugging"
Make sure the "USB configuration" is set to MTP ( Media Transfer Protocol )

I hope that helps you out.

I just want to stop charging the phones with the charger. I don't know why DJI didn't put a fast charger in.

@Boog0822 have you tried hitting the "play" button for the editor or at the screen before going into the Mavic flight mode click on the "Me" button and log in to you DJI account?
Those are the main two issues that cause mine to reboot. If ok, what USB setting are you using?
Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78