DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavmount 2.0...is it compatible with Mavic Air?

gnuPilot

Reactions
I sold my Spark FMC but kept my Mavmount 2.0 and ordered Mavic Air. Does anyone know if it will work with Mavic Air (really hoping so)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerial West
I sold my Spark FMC but kept my Mavmount 2.0 and ordered Mavic Air. Does anyone know if it will work with Mavic Air (really hoping so)?
From what we've seen of the Air's remote, I don't think the lip on the bottom of the MavMount will fit.
But don't sweat it; I'm pretty certain a replacement bottom plate for the MavMount would be made available so you don't have to replace the whole thing. I love my MavMount.

Just got my Mavic Air and the Mavmount 2.0 DOES NOT FIT the Air remote controller! I just spoke with the company and they have a prototype for the new controller "Mavmount 3.0" and hope to have them available starting next week.

Last edited:
I figured out that if you flip the base plate of the MavMount over it will work with the Air controller. The countersunk screw is probably not as stable this way. You could slip a washer of the right size under it that would improve the leverage, but it does work this way. Now we just need DJI to update the Go4 app on the Crystal Sky.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
I figured out that if you flip the base plate of the MavMount over it will work with the Air controller. The countersunk screw is probably not as stable this way. You could slip a washer of the right size under it that would improve the leverage, but it does work this way. Now we just need DJI to update the Go4 app on the Crystal Sky.

Good fix, but does that mean you need to move the ball head to the opposite side every time you want to use a different controller e.g MP or Spark.

Does this then mean we will need to buy a Mavmount 3.0 as well as a 2.0 as you can't swap a 3.0 across the controllers ?

Don't want to be carrying 2 Mavmounts with 2 ball heads around

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Good fix, but does that mean you need to move the ball head to the opposite side every time you want to use a different controller e.g MP or Spark.

Does this then mean we will need to buy a Mavmount 3.0 as well as a 2.0 as you can't swap a 3.0 across the controllers ?

Don't want to be carrying 2 Mavmounts with 2 ball heads around
Unless MavMount 3.0 fits all three controllers you'll either have to have two adapters or flip the plate over when you switch machines. You can actually use the 2.0 unmodified on the Air - it's just a bit loose.

Hey guys, MavMount here!

I drove an hour to get the Mavic AIR 3 days ago to check the controller and found it does not sit flush to my specs. A lot of what makes the MavMount great is that is has the built in MavLock tab on the backside which eliminates wobble. The MavMount 2.0 plate is hindered by the new rubber on the controller that houses the controller sticks if/when you remove them. Obviously this was a unexpected curveball.

But you knew I'd never let you guys down, right?

Here's been my busy last few days:
3 days ago: i got the controller at about 6PM.
2 days ago: i had a working hand milled prototype.
1 day ago: I had a fully CNC milled 6061 prototype in hand that works perfectly with AIR, Mavic, and Spark.
0 day: After a whirlwind production day, this morning I sent the NEW MavMount 3.0 plates to anodizing.

Anyone that ordered yesterday (the 1st) and on, will get the new MavMount 3.0. For the few customers that recently ordered (since the AIR announcement) hoping the MavMount 2.0 would work with the new DJI AIR, I will switch out their plates.

Here's the MavMount 3.0 prototype with our AIR. It's raw aluminum in this shot. :) You guys are the first to see her! guess what, she looks the same.. she's just a little lighter!

mavmount3.jpg

Last edited:
For current customers, i am going to figure out a way for them to buy just the base individually. I'll prob just require your original order number when you order. I'm going to tackle that next week.

For current customers, i am going to figure out a way for them to buy just the base individually. I'll prob just require your original order number when you order. I'm going to tackle that next week.
I bought my 2.0 from another dealer along with the CrystalSky. Can I still get in on just getting the 3.0 plate?

Hey guys, MavMount here!

I drove an hour to get the Mavic AIR 3 days ago to check the controller and found it does not sit flush to my specs. A lot of what makes the MavMount great is that is has the built in MavLock tab on the backside which eliminates wobble. The MavMount 2.0 plate is hindered by the new rubber on the controller that houses the controller sticks if/when you remove them. Obviously this was a unexpected curveball.

But you knew I'd never let you guys down, right?

Here's been my busy last few days:
3 days ago: i got the controller at about 6PM.
2 days ago: i had a working hand milled prototype.
1 day ago: I had a fully CNC milled 6061 prototype in hand that works perfectly with AIR, Mavic, and Spark.
0 day: After a whirlwind production day, this morning I sent the NEW MavMount 3.0 plates to anodizing.

Anyone that ordered yesterday (the 1st) and on, will get the new MavMount 3.0. For the few customers that recently ordered (since the AIR announcement) hoping the MavMount 2.0 would work with the new DJI AIR, I will switch out their plates.

Here's the MavMount 3.0 prototype with our AIR. It's raw aluminum in this shot. :) You guys are the first to see her! guess what, she looks the same.. she's just a little lighter!

View attachment 30285

Great job mate Thumbswayup

Now then... about the DJI quick release bracket support... ;)

Just received my MavMount 3.0 in gunmetal gray! Here are a couple pics:

YMX8Cx+

5OXJZe+

The 3.0 definitely fits up against the bottom of the controller but the teeth on the RC do not seem to grip the plate as secure as I’d hoped. I need to test it out in use but my initial worry is that if you happen to use the lanyard and let the RC/tablet/phone dangle while you need both hands for something else I am not comfortable. I am sure that if you’re mindful nothing bad will happen but I’d hate to drop my RC. I reached out to MavMount and am awaiting their reply.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure