DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavmount Crystal Sky adapter is coming

Hey..I'm open to at least giving it a shot..although I've been realizing I like the original mount I'm using. Its just easier to break down and pack up....for my personal style that is. Plus I already figured out how to fit everything in my hard case. Lol..
f7bf34ef868e8382eebed87c633b41af.jpg

What case is that mate?

And what bracket is that in the lower left pocket?

Here is the description from Amazon for the case.
Professional Carrying Case fits for DJI Mavic Pro - Explorer Case Edition - with extensive space for 7 batteries, many accessories, DJI shoulder bag by MC-CASES (Explorer Edition)
While I purchased my case from Amazon, here is the Home page for MC-Cases.
Home - MC-CASES.COM
Just found this for the overseas fliers interested in this type of case.
Germany 1-2 Days | Europe 2-5 Days | USA 5-10 Days | Worldwide 7-21 Days
This is on the mc-cases website.

The Bracket I purchased from Flyhighusa.com
DJI CrystalSky Mounting Bracket for Select Controllers - FlyHighUSA
Mavic Pro Crystal Sky Mounting Bracket (3-5 day Processing Time) - FlyHighUSA

So you wont be shocked, the entire set up for the bracket are two separate pieces that are purchased separately from the same company.
If you are using a different mount at the moment, after using 3D printed mount from Flyhigh your previous mount
might not fit as snug as before. This is due to the 3D printed mount is slightly thicker.

Personal preference note: I have both the Flyhighusa mount set up as well as the Mavmount. In the case you might notice I'm using
the Flyhigh mount, it's just easier to break down and pack away as well as getting ready for flight. The Mavmount works great when i'm
in a stationary setting such as at home. I just don't mount it to the controller and I use a 3 ft type C cord to connect the controller.
So far, most of what I've learned about the different hardware and issues in this Hobby have been on this forum.
Keep up the open communication on what works and doesn't work for personal style of setting up your Mavic Pro.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Thanks for the detailed reply mate! I do like that case :D

Bracket though, pretty expensive.. But then the mavmount + CS adaptor ain't cheap either!

Thanks again :)

Reactions: kyle76joslin
I need the same info please , I just ordered the mavmount
Not sure this helps, but best I can measure is 5 mm across thread top to thread top, and 8 mm long, from shoulder of head to end of screw. Keep in mind, the screws come with the MavMount.
IMG_0954.JPG

Last edited:
Since were on the subject of parts, don't suppose anyone knows where to find replacement rubber grips inside the controller arms?
0f355006b3b110232afba13eaa1ff4bc.jpg

At the moment, my only guess would be from DJI. You might PM @Thunderdrones to see if they have any

EDIT:

Updating this first post with pictures of the prototype working model!

Here's a first look at our DJI Crystal Sky adapter.

**This is a raw aluminum piece, not yet finished or anodized. Also, some final cuts still need to be made. But we couldn't resist sharing!

This beauty paired with a MavMount, or any professional tripod system will hold your Crystal Sky monitor amazingly securely! Because MavMount has ALWAYS been designed to be upgraded, with switchable tablet clamps, and standard fittings for universal mounting, your MavMount 1.0 or 2.0 will work with this adapter perfectly!

Look out for this to be used with the Mavic, Spark, and even the OSMO!

View attachment 16806 View attachment 16807 View attachment 16808View attachment 16805
I just received your new mount to use on my CS 7.85. It’s very well made but I am having an issue with the new lanyard in that it directly interferes with the USB cable that comes out of the bottom of the monitor. They both want to use the same space!
image.jpg

I just received your new mount to use on my CS 7.85. It’s very well made but I am having an issue with the new lanyard in that it directly interferes with the USB cable that comes out of the bottom of the monitor. They both want to use the same space!
View attachment 28809

Yes, dji used a center mount unfortunately for the usb-c. Fortunately, there's two ports.

To use the lanyard, use the micro usb plug in the side of the monitor, like a ipad or most other devices. Should work great!

What if you remove the black nut, take out the lanyard piece and mount it above the blacknut against the CS mount.

Then you can secure it in place so it doesn't move as it's held in place by the black nut, you can then position it so that the lanyard is out of the way, because it's secured it won't swing around loose like it was in the original mounting

Mavmount lanyard - Copy.jpg

Reactions: Aerial West
What if you remove the black nut, take out the lanyard piece and mount it above the blacknut against the CS mount.

Then you can secure it in place so it doesn't move as it's held in place by the black nut, you can then position it so that the lanyard is out of the way, because it's secured it won't swing around loose like it was in the original mounting

View attachment 28811
How's that working for you?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1