DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Max motor speed reached" Warning

kingkrule

Reactions
Hi. Anyone have got this warning "Max motor speed reached" ?
I have been looking on the forum and other sites and there isn't too much info about it.
I was flying like 200 mts over the sea on sport mode at 70 km/h but as soon as i slowed down the warning went away.
Got some "strong winds" warnings too in the flight (at the top of the app, beside the tiny wind warning).
I guess i was taking the bird to the limit, but we have to be careful with that?

Im attaching the "motor speed log"

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 14.54.44.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 14.54.44.png
    379.5 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Means just that at least one motor has reached its max rpm physically possible and there are no more power reserves. In this case just reduce speed or climbing rate to be fine again.

Hi. Anyone have got this warning "Max motor speed reached" ?
I have been looking on the forum and other sites and there isn't too much info about it.
I was flying like 200 mts over the sea on sport mode at 70 km/h but as soon as i slowed down the warning went away.
Got some "strong winds" warnings too in the flight (at the top of the app, beside the tiny wind warning).
I guess i was taking the bird to the limit, but we have to be careful with that?

Im attaching the "motor speed log"

Thanks.

Over current warnings are something to be worried about. "Max speed reached' seems like a "oh, in case you're interested to know ..."

It could mean that it can't control for a given situation that requires that rotor be even faster - but I'd expect it to simply slow down all the rotors in that case.

70 km/hr? It's not supposed to exceed 65 km/hr. (ground speed).

as @AlanTheBeast mentioned, an over current warning means you're putting too much drain on the battery where as this is simply that one or more of your motors are at their RPM limit. Looks like that limit is around the 10k mark which is quite impressive IMO.

Max motor RPM can cause issues because if the Mavic needs to stabilise by upping that motor speed it cannot, and this may lead to some instabilities. I don't think I've seen my motors go over about 8k so you did something quite cool. Was there much of a breeze @cheferlix1 ?

Thanks for the answers @AlanTheBeast @GerdS @BlakPhoenix

so now i know that I just need to slow down in this situations and i can keep flying without worries.

Yeah i flew at 70km/h , i have seen on youtube faster birds (there is a legal limit?)

As i said, a "strong wind" warning was displayed before this motor warning, so im pretty sure there was much of a breeze there @AlanTheBeast

so now i know that I just need to slow down in this situations and i can keep flying without worries.

Yeah i flew at 70km/h , i have seen on youtube faster birds (there is a legal limit?)

As i said, a "strong wind" warning was displayed before this motor warning, so im pretty sure there was much of a breeze there @AlanTheBeast

No speed limit to speak of, only the limit at which the model can fly itself safely. :)

No speed limit to speak of, only the limit at which the model can fly itself safely. :)
oh 0-: I didn´t realise that was unsafe to push the bird to the max speed that you can reach. I could not find anything about this info , but good to know it. Ty

oh 0-: I didn´t realise that was unsafe to push the bird to the max speed that you can reach. I could not find anything about this info , but good to know it. Ty

There's no danger flying the Mavic at its top speed unless you get warnings, then you should let back a bit.

It was my impression that the MP would limit its _ground speed_ to 65 km/h. So tail wind component should not matter. Maybe I'm wrong about that. I've definitely seen my MP limited to less than 65 into a headwind, but I've never seen it above 65 regardless of tailwind.

It was my impression that the MP would limit its _ground speed_ to 65 km/h. So tail wind component should not matter. Maybe I'm wrong about that. I've definitely seen my MP limited to less than 65 into a headwind, but I've never seen it above 65 regardless of tailwind.

My max recorded speed is 21.0m/s (75.6km/h | 47mph), so I don't think that it does limit it to ground speed. I also don't remember there being an overly noticeable breeze at ground level.

Reactions: AlanTheBeast
My max recorded speed is 21.0m/s (75.6km/h | 47mph), so I don't think that it does limit it to ground speed. I also don't remember there being an overly noticeable breeze at ground level.

Thanks - mysterious - I'll see what develops over time.

Here's a thought. Try pushing what you drive everyday to its max speed and see how your mechanic feels about its lifespan being somewhat reduced. Everything that spins has one.(lifespan) (just a thought)

I get the strong winds error return message all the time never seen the motor speed message very weird...

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

It definitely goes faster with a tailwind. I've hit 83km/h with some help of the wind.

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 73
Here's a thought. Try pushing what you drive everyday to its max speed and see how your mechanic feels about its lifespan being somewhat reduced. Everything that spins has one.(lifespan) (just a thought)

With these devices max speed itself is not going to affect the machine much. But sudden acceleration/deceleration/maneuvering will certainly put more strain on the batteries. Batteries are (eventually) disposable. Treat 'em gently and you'll get more cycles. By the time one has gone through a set of batteries (3), other components like the rubber band suspension of the gimbal will likely need replacement (possibly sooner).

Reactions: Lailert
i got this max motor speed warning once today when flown on sport mode, continued fly without problems but its strange warning anyway. Would be nice to get more info about it...

I got this warning yesterday during some strange ´dancing´ excersize Mavic did when only hovering - so no maximum flying speed at all. I suspect, it could have a relation to tired propeller (s) and that motor needed to speed up to it´s maximum limit in order to get the drone stabilised. I am gonna to change all of them immediately.

So do not mix the maximum drone speed with the maximum motor speed, two different items.

btw. how often do you change your propellers? I have read a recommendation at least once per 3 months.

I have experienced this yesterday, but when checking on Air Data the message changed to "Not enough force / ESC error.
Not flying normally without sport mode. weird.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan