DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max radius reached?

DJI Ferrari

Reactions
So I tried to fly just now without my phone thanks to my roommate, and my mavic pro won't reach above 15 feet and wont fly beyond 20 feet, which I have never had the issue with the spark, but then again the spark was meant to fly solo. But I tried turning it off and walking to a friends house next door and tried to show him and it doesn't work at all, it literally just hovers there saying max radius reached on the rc, forward, backward, up, doesn't do anything but down to land it works perfectly. I've seen countless Mavic videos and never have I seen this conflict. Asked around on you tube and they were like "Your sure its saying that" But yea, its saying just that and while in my yard, in normal mode and sport mode, the top speed in just 5 miles an hour and turning the drone took me a full 11 seconds to turn the drone one full spin at 7 feet. I can't believe that even with the rc and all its info these drones are so heavily reliant on the phone app, its like dji is saying "No drones for those without phones" Lol.

Do you have it set to beginner mode?
no i didn't before my roommate broke my phone. Now I am trying to fly in the field behind my house but it moves at about 3-5 mph and sport mode doesn't even work and after about 20 feet it says max radius reached and at about 30 feet up it wont go any higher. I have never seen any drone do this because I have a friend who has a mavic pro and his does the same. When I emailed him about what mine was doing he emailed me back like a hour later and said he tried his without his ipad and he said it did the same, no sport mode, 30 altitude and 20 foot distance.

The manual says:

GO4.JPG

Yea I know all that, i am a safety-nut when it comes to my drone, I know its safe to fly in my yard as theres nothing but open space, I am just shocked that you actual need a phone to fly sport mode or go beyond 20 feet away, that's completely insane. I mean I could see this with Uavs that have an rc that don't display uav info but the mavic having this kind of limitation? But I mean I'm getting an i pad next month so, it'll be cool then, I just wish I could fly normal and by normal i mean beyond 20 feet away and 30 feet high. But I think i'm just sadly not gonna fly till i get a screen because I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Unfortunately without a connection to the Go 4 app your limited to having a shelf drone for a while , pretty much useless unless your plugged in to the app. So just to keep you busy for a title while, draw all your batteries down to 50% and Just know that when you hook up to your iPad mini , :I have the 4. You are goin to love love love it.!!!!, Till then enjoy reading and doing you school work.

Yea I know all that, i am a safety-nut when it comes to my drone, I know its safe to fly in my yard as theres nothing but open space, I am just shocked that you actual need a phone to fly sport mode or go beyond 20 feet away, that's completely insane. I mean I could see this with Uavs that have an rc that don't display uav info but the mavic having this kind of limitation? But I mean I'm getting an i pad next month so, it'll be cool then, I just wish I could fly normal and by normal i mean beyond 20 feet away and 30 feet high. But I think i'm just sadly not gonna fly till i get a screen because I'd rather be safe than sorry.
It’s probably in self preservation mode waiting for your I pad to arrive

Unfortunately without a connection to the Go 4 app your limited to having a shelf drone for a while , pretty much useless unless your plugged in to the app. So just to keep you busy for a title while, draw all your batteries down to 50% and Just know that when you hook up to your iPad mini , :I have the 4. You are goin to love love love it.!!!!, Till then enjoy reading and doing you school work.
wait, your supposed to keep all batts at 50% because all mine are charged an are at full power

ha, ha, very funny l, o, l, merry Christmas to you and your family and to your mavic pro btw lol.
Well a little humour never hurt anyone

wait, your supposed to keep all batts at 50% because all mine are charged an are at full power
Short answer yes if you are not going to fly for some time

30m is about 90ft, 50m about 150ft. OP is getting short changed somehow since he could only do much less.
It could be in beginner mode.

I mistakenly brought the wrong USB cord when I flew my P3 after having finished flying my M2 and had put in my car. That limited me quite a bit, more than I thought via VLOS compared to what the video SRT showed me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear