DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Metric to imperial?

flyingduck88

Reactions
It would appear that DJI left out the setting to choose between metric and imperial on the goggles? I've been through the manual and the settings on the goggles and can't find it anywhere. Hope DJI adds it to a future firmware update.
I only played with them for a few minutes but think I might be putting them up for sale. Not because of the missing setting of course but don't think they're something I'll really use much. I'll have to put a few flights on them first I guess.

Reactions: Jaysjob
It would appear that DJI left out the setting to choose between metric and imperial on the goggles? I've been through the manual and the settings on the goggles and can't find it anywhere. Hope DJI adds it to a future firmware update.
I only played with them for a few minutes but think I might be putting them up for sale. Not because of the missing setting of course but don't think they're something I'll really use much. I'll have to put a few flights on them first I guess.

Same here I have also been looking for the imperial switch. I wish their was more info on the hud too like a mini map.

Did you know... the "------+------" thing in the middle of the screen is showing you where the props are?

Reactions: Gumby Mavic
Wait...what's that now?
It's in the....I guess it would be considered DJIs version of the HUD in the center of the screen. The triangle in the center points the direction of the drone with the H floating around that represents the home point. It actually displays the roll of the mavic if you're familiar with pitch,yaw and roll.

Reactions: Jaysjob
It's in the....I guess it would be considered DJIs version of the HUD in the center of the screen. The triangle in the center points the direction of the drone with the H floating around that represents the home point. It actually displays the roll of the mavic if you're familiar with pitch,yaw and roll.

Thanks Duck. Yep. I get it. I was just wondering why you would need an indicator to show you "where the props are"? Mine are on the 4 outside corners and I didn't know that they could move anywhere else during flight. I'm just joking around a little. [emoji15][emoji23]

Reactions: flyingduck88
Thanks Duck. Yep. I get it. I was just wondering why you would need an indicator to show you "where the props are"? Mine are on the 4 outside corners and I didn't know that they could move anywhere else during flight. I'm just joking around a little. [emoji15][emoji23]

So the horizon indicator is what I'm talking about.

If you look direct on, you'll see two horizontal lines on either side of the center directional arrow. So I've figured out those lines tell you how wide you are when navigating the Mavic.

If those lines look like they will go through without hitting so will you're Mavic. I landed mine many times today in a very tight backyard using the goggles alone. I also put it through selves all tests to make sure it was accurate.

If the lines clear all the obstacles so will the Mavic. Otherwise as we know the FPV image can be deceiving. I've tried to land blind with the phone or tablet and it's impossible to tell if the Mavic will hit or not. This helps a ton.

If you look direct on, you'll see two horizontal lines on either side of the center directional arrow. So I've figured out those lines tell you how wide you are when navigating the Mavic.

If those lines look like they will go through without hitting so will you're Mavic. I landed mine many times today in a very tight backyard using the goggles alone. I also put it through selves all tests to make sure it was accurate.

If the lines clear all the obstacles so will the Mavic. Otherwise as we know the FPV image can be deceiving. I've tried to land blind with the phone or tablet and it's impossible to tell if the Mavic will hit or not. This helps a ton.

Hmm... It may be Goonie. I didn't see that in any of the documents or the extended users manual. I did read about this:
DJI Goggles User Manual Page 11.

15. Flight AttitudeThe triangle indicates the direction the aircraft is facing.The horizontal level indicates aircraft roll angle.The scale indicates the tilt angle of the gimbal.The arc beside the triangle indicates the yaw angle of the gimbal when Head Tracking Gimbal is enabled.

If it indicates anything additional that would be cool. I just haven't seen or heard about anything. But that doesn't make it untrue. I'd like to know if anyone knows anything different.

7af133edcd7692e55404d6a8608f0bad.jpg

Reactions: flyingduck88

This is a very interesting use of the HUD horizon if you're right! Like Jaysjob I had only read DJI's description from the manual.
Guess I might just have to take mine out of the box ( I was going to sell them) and give them some more time. Just hard for an old dog to learn new tricks but maybe it can be done! :cool:

This is a very interesting use of the HUD horizon if you're right! Like Jaysjob I had only read DJI's description from the manual.
Guess I might just have to take mine out of the box ( I was going to sell them) and give them some more time. Just hard for an old dog to learn new tricks but maybe it can be done! :cool:

I know it's right! I've landed blind many times now. Just goggles on coming for a landing between the roof, a block wall, BBQ and the pool.

I make sure the lines are away from the object therefore ensuring the props are too.

Also flying between anything this works. If the lines fit through the gap, so will the Mavic

Reactions: rydfree
This is probably something unintentional by Dji but if the lines do give a true indication of the Mavics width at a given distance then that's cool to know . Kinda like the distance lines on a backup camera I suppose .If it works who cares if they meant to design it that way ,LOl

Reactions: gbracer08
so how does this work? As you get closer the objects in the screen will also change in perception. An object that is the same width of the hash lines at say 20ft is going to be appear much wider at 10ft or 5ft etc.....just trying to figure out how you are using this as a gauge???

so how does this work? As you get closer the objects in the screen will also change in perception. An object that is the same width of the hash lines at say 20ft is going to be appear much wider at 10ft or 5ft etc.....just trying to figure out how you are using this as a gauge???

I would think that you just make sure that at any given time as you are getting closer to the space that it doesn't shrink inside the lines .

I wondered about this myself. And you would have to be dead-on straight with no yaw or it would throw off the actual distance between the ends of the lines. Maybe this can be used as a rough gage but I'm not sure this was the intended use or additional use for the line in the hud display. That being said, I would like to hear more about this if it's discovered to be a true feature.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga