DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Mexican Hat Rock Utah

Really liked the color - having been through that area numerous times, I know it can be easily washed out at mid-day but this was nice and rich. The cloud cover helped, I'm sure. Had it recently rained a little or did you adjust saturation in post?

Since we're planning a trip up to Moab at the end of the month (first time with the drone), this will be on the list to stop for a photo flight. Getting up in the air yielded a nice perspective on the rock -- thanks for sharing.

Reactions: MPone
Really liked the color - having been through that area numerous times, I know it can be easily washed out at mid-day but this was nice and rich. The cloud cover helped, I'm sure. Had it recently rained a little or did you adjust saturation in post?

Since we're planning a trip up to Moab at the end of the month (first time with the drone), this will be on the list to stop for a photo flight. Getting up in the air yielded a nice perspective on the rock -- thanks for sharing.
I did add some color grading and saturation to give it a dynamic look. It was an overcast day also.

Great video. What's a guy From Ft. Myers doing there? Us Florida boys have nothing like that to look at.
By the way I did see Clint. But at my age I see a lot of things.:oops:

• Haha

Mexican Hat Rock, one of Utah’s strangest rock formations, balances a flattened pancake disk atop a 300 ft high talus cone. It is really not a hat at all, but a sombrero with a wide brim jutting above a narrow head.
Great video....lots of nice scenery to fly in that area...Valley of the Gods, Muley Point, etc.

I like that! Really good video - Music matched perfectly!
I wonder how long it's been balancing there and how long it will be there. Almost looks like if you landed your drone on one side, it'd fall. Hopefully, it's there for a long time.

One question. How did you resist the temptation to land on top of the hat? I must say, I would have been tempted ... big time!

Very nice job!

Great video. What's a guy From Ft. Myers doing there? Us Florida boys have nothing like that to look at.
By the way I did see Clint. But at my age I see a lot of things.:oops:
Thanks. It sure looks very different from Florida isn’t it.

I like that! Really good video - Music matched perfectly!
I wonder how long it's been balancing there and how long it will be there. Almost looks like if you landed your drone on one side, it'd fall. Hopefully, it's there for a long time.
I’m sure it will stay balance for a long time as long as there’s no storms. Thanks for watching.

One question. How did you resist the temptation to land on top of the hat? I must say, I would have been tempted ... big time!

Very nice job!
Actually I never thought of that. I did land on top of a tall building once but that’s for resetting the AGL on the drone to fly higher. But that’s illegal of course to go beyond 400ft 😊.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Va1entin